Desperate, or just really likes me?

I've never really dated a guy before. I've gone on dates and talked to a few guys, but nothing ever got serious. There's a guy that likes me and I like him back, but he texts me every day and whenever he can. I don't know if it's just because I'm not use to a guy being so into me or if he's being a little desperate. I went on a date with him last week and now he is referring to me as babe and baby. I think it's a little soon for nicknames...what do you all think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people start using nicknames right off the bat or as soon as they feel comfy around you. It's not really desperate. It's sometimes their way of flirting. It's hard to say if it's desperation or if he really likes you. You'll have to go on more dates and spend more time together in order to establish whether he really likes you or not.

What Guys Said 2

• Some people need to have extensive contact, some don't. There is no general rule, except that the other person must be on the same wavelength.

If you don't like that, tell him you don't have time to answer all the time. You'll see if he can accept it, or not.

Regarding nicknames, I personally hate them. But some people like to give them. It would just be too early if you haven't kissed (or more) yet.

• Tbh he seems kinda desperate and clingy.

What Girls Said 2

• he desperate

• the nicknames make it a bit soon and clingy. every day is OK but constant through the day seems a bit much.