How many women would go out and take a man on a "chivalrous" date?

So many women call themselves "old fashioned" and go around saying "chivalry is dead" and all that.

Well I want to know how many women would be willing to go and take a man out on a date, pay for him, pull his chair out for him, take his coat off for him, and all that? Would you do such a thing for a man on the first date? Would you ever ask a man out on a date? Have you ever done such things for a man before? I'm mainly referring to a first date too, not a boyfriend you've been seeing for a while for his birthday or something.

Explain why you would or would not ever do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Funny how men play the cave man card when explaining their sexual tendencies but act surprised about female's behavior. In cave man days we were protected and taken care of. We raised the kids while the men provided. You can't have it one way and not the other. That might explain to you why women like chivalry (besides extreme feminists of course or overly independent ladies) and are attracted to men who show signs of protectiveness and who takes care of us. So no, I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't ask for a man to do that either but thankfully, all the men I've dated were into chivalry and were gentleman without having to ask them. As for paying, I usually offer to split the bill and they always insist to pay. Next time I'll do the same, and the next time and the next time. I always offer and sometimes I've even say I'll pay for the date and they all say no never.

What Girls Said 11

• I wouldn't go as far as pulling a guy's chair out for him or taking his coat off sort of things. I have paid for a guy on a first date though and arranged a date. This was the same guy, but would I do it again that would depend. This guy had bad intentions and never thanked me for anything. I mainly paid for him because he was willing to drive closer to me so I wanted to balance it out and pay for him. But because of the way he acted after the date, makes me think twice of ever paying for another guy on a first date again.

• If it's a gay couple then this is where a man could be treated that way by another man. Not gonna happen realistically and if a guy does not have it in him to behave respectfully toward a women, that he's not worthy of a woman, he gets a little girl. There is a difference. Same way this kind of behavior separates the boys from the men.

• Chivalry is not (historically) a female trait so why would a woman act like a man and be chivalrous? Why would an old fashioned girl have to play the role of the man and take the guy out on a date? That's why old fashioned girls want a man--someone who will gladly take and own the role of being a gentleman

• If a girl is old fashioned then she would not do this since that is a modern idea. Chivalry was created with the assumption that women are weak. Anyone with half a brain in this modern society knows perfectly well that a woman can take care of herself so there is no need for chivalry, it's nice and all but not a necessity.

I think the person doing the asking should pay for the first date. So if the girl asks then she should pay. Unfortunately, there are some guys who would find this emasculating even though it is not.

• I did that for my ex once, as a "you relax, it's my treat out" night. I had to fight him a bit to let me pay, and he said "fine, just this once, but for the rest of our lives, I'm paying." We had fun, he wasn't offended or anything, but I think if it continued he would be.

So I wouldn't do that on the first date... I would think a guy would find it kind of emasculating.

• I wouldn't because it's just not natural for me. I am a person who needs to be taken care of in that way. Once I'm in love I will take care of him

• I would not pull his chair and not pay for him. I will take off his coat though... that's about it.

• No I wouldn't because I don't expect guys to do it for me too..

• No all of that doesn't look right.

• wtf? Not me -_-

• no, I don't think a man would like it.

What Guys Said 9

• I think you're completely missing the concept of "old fashioned" and "chivalrous". A woman doing these things automatically makes a date NOT chilvalrous or old fashioned.

• to be honest id let a woman pay for me but that's where id draw the line on your list you have there.

• Most women would think he was a loser if he wasn't independent enough to manage himself or needed that sort of reassurance, but if it's not done for them then he's also a loser. lol Welcome to the tight rope pal.

• If a girl would try to do those things for me, I'd be really creep'ed out.I guess that maybe I could be OK if she pays for it, but only if I knew that she's really rich.

• none of them

• No, because modern women are hypocrites.

• No and no not gonna happen. Most Women don't even like chivalrous men. They all find it annoying and unattractive these days. They like assholes that don't even take them out on date. I'm a chivalrous guy and its a curse. I care about women I talk to and want to do nice things for them and treat them good because I after all care. And I'm a good looking guy too and I get friendzoned cause of this. I honestly think they date assholes because they have drama to take back to their friends and complain about. A nicer guy they won't and its boring.

• Bring on the dislikes. And maybe I'm a little harsh or bitter. But its the truth. Mutual dating and affection has turned into a game of battleship basically and how much people can get away with to rack up ego points and be on one giant power trip. Our society sucks. And its not all women. Some of your guys are reallly awesome don't get me wrong. But I don't understand why people seek out people that hurt them and take advantage and don't care. And men do too, they end up with women like that

• I would feel weird if she did that and wonder if she really had penis under that dress. If a woman wants the man to be the boss or the leader, they aren't going to do things like that for a guy.

• I think most women would find it demeaning to serve a man like that.