Date Ideas in Washington DC?

Hello! My boyfriend and I are trying to plan something amazing to celebrate the anniversary of when we started dating. We live in Northern Virginia, and so we were thinking of going to spend a day in DC and then spending the night in a hotel there. Can I get advice on the best locations for this? Does anyone know of any parts of DC that are just fun to stroll around (This would be happening in April by the way, we are planning kind of early)? Also what hotels (or hotel chains) are really the best value for your dollar? I really appreciate your input !

Most Helpful Guy

• you live in the same place as me, but you are so young that you probably won't like most of my ideas

the museums they have in DC are pretty amazing, I really liked the WW2 museum, air and space museum, art museum, etc.. You can also check kennedy center because they have some cool stuff going on there (you have to check in advance though to see if its something you will enjoy)

You can also rent a boat to just chill in the water

There is a really cool water fountain which has a nice breeze as well close to one of the museums where you can just lay back and chill

• also don't put the town where you live online, never a good idea :)

• Hahaha cool cool

• thanks for BA, hope you enjoy your anniversary

What Guys Said 2

• First of all young lady, you shouldn't be spending hotel nights with boys at your age. Hermoine kept it clean in Harry Potter and so should you!

• That's a great answer if I were asking whether or not I should do that; I already have two loving parents and I don't need a third. Thank you.

• I'm Jewish

• Congratulations.

• if you live in northern VA I'll assume you've been to the smithsonian museum of natural history and air and space museum plenty of times.

hate to tell you but that's about it. there's going to be long lines for the washington monument. the other monuments are just ok.

areas to stroll around are mostly the mall on constitution ave.

• Oh yes every field trip I've ever been on has been to the Smithsonian. But I'll check out Constitution Avenue, thanks for your help!

What Girls Said 2

• Well, I live in central Virginia so I'm definitely no expert on Washington D.C. However, the times I've been on overnight trips there, I've always stayed in the Hampton Inn downtown. It's nice, had good service with friendly people, and I thought it was affordable. But of course, I have no idea what your budget would be and what you consider to be "affordable."

As far as date spots or fun things to do with your boyfriend, I found this article interesting. It's mainly just individual date ideas but you could do more than one in a single day and it might give you some good ideas: link

Hope this helps:)

• 17, spending the night in a hotel with your boyfriend? bit early?