Do you ONLY date people that fit your preferences?

So we all have an idea in our head of what we want our boyfriend/girlfriend to look like. For example, I love blonde guys. I know guys have certain preferences for girls too. I am just wondering guys, do you ONLY date people that fit your preferences? Or wold you date someone that was the complete opposite? (I am talking about looks)

Most Helpful Guy

• Most girls like dark haired guys with light eyes, I'm surprised you like blondes over tall-dark-handsome look. I think with age you'll start liking the Italian stallion look more.

But to answer your question. I could never date girls that are too skinny or too fat. I am picky in picking girlfriends, and I have to have a certain attraction for them so the relationship can work. Going out with someone just because they have a nice personality but no looks will not work for me. I am not shallow, I just think looks is 50% and personality is the other 50%. I have to have both.

• Yea I am pretty weird but I am a beach person and I like the surfer look, and that usually involves blonde hair haha. Not to mention I have blonde hair.

What Guys Said 1

• I used to be open to trying different kinds of girls, then I found what worked best for me and stuck with that since anything else is a waste of time

What Girls Said 5

• I really like tall dark haired men which is all I've ever dated. I don't think it has been on purpose though really, I've never met a blonde guy or short one that I had any interest in. If I met a guy who didn't fit my "preference" I don't think that would stop me from pursuing a relationship though!

• Well I only date Koreans. I have dated 4 Korean guys. Personally to me they are the best men to have in your life. They really have their sh*t together and are very sexy and handsome

• I have preferences but when it comes down to it, if the guy intrigues me personality wise, the preferences go out the windows. I usually like guys with somewhat longer hair and recently I met this guy who had nice long hair but shaved it off and I still was intrigued by him. Looking back on the people I've dated, they have absolutely nothing in common, I guess I'm all over the place when it comes to preference.

• er I have preferences, i.e a list of things I want in a guy, but the guys I usually fall for don't have many of those qualities at all, who I fall for, I fall for. can't help it can i

• I don't have preferences. I like whoever I find attractive, my preference range is pretty broad. I can like a muscular dark skinned football player and still be attracted to a blond blue eyed surfer. If he's cute he's cute. But I wouldn't date someone I didn't find attractive. Been there, done that and it's not worth it.