Is it normal to kiss someone on the cheek?

is it normal to kiss someone on the cheek?

is it in your culture?

how about a small peck?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes but just females or a male family member not any male friends, pecks are only allowed if the male is your spouse or vice versa

personally apart from my dad kissing me on the cheek when he leaves for abroad, or my little bro kissing me on the cheek and me kissing him back I haven't really kissed anyone the cheek from the age of 10 upwards lol now it'd be awkward because I'm not used to it

What Guys Said 2

• I'm from Hungary and it is totally okay. We give 2 kisses but guy to guy never. (Only in family maybe ). now I study in Finland ,here it's not common. They are quite reserved people. And as I know in Poland they give 3 kisses but not sure. Generally in Europe this is common. Sometimes we hug each other. This is all for greeting of course. I'm not sure what you mean with peck. That sounds weird to me or at least we never do it .

• Yep, it's very normal. I've done it a few times.

What Girls Said 8

• I grew up in a very huggable kissable family and every time we see each other we must! hug and kiss... it's so annoying! haha because I'm not so affectionate like that just for the heck of it... I like to be affectionate with certain people, for example some one I'm dating, or my little nephew.. and such.. but not just to anybody that went to the store and came back into the house.. "oh! Hi again!" *hug and kiss*... so annoying! :D! but I was raised that way so comes automatic.. reminds me of this show.. "Fullhouse" they'd hug for everything! that's my family xD! ... although on some level it's sweet and nice.. something that most people don't have... I think it's strange...

Perhaps I'd want it, if I didn't have it. :]!

• kiss on the cheek to parents and between female friends is common but not female to male friends. a small peck is usually between lovers only.. some parents give a quick kiss on the lips to their kids. me and my nephew are super close I give him a quick kiss on the lips vice versa ^-^

• Yea, its pretty normal :*

• I'm Lebanese and in my culture , a part of greeting someone constitutes 3 kisses on the checks. I know it might sound gay for guys. But in my country ya just completely normal.

• South Americans do it, so it's normal when you greet someone there.

• I though it's also okay in the other parts of the states .so it's not common elsewhere than the south ?

• I think they do if they're close friends.

• it would be weird where I'm from.

• It's fairly normal. Mostly with family members though, maybe close friends. But not strangers or people you don't know well.

• Depends on your customs