Ex left me at altar for bff and now texts me.

My ex left me at the altar a month ago and ran off with my best friend and maid of honor. Now he texts me today and says, "I hope you have a happy new year and get all you want." It made me so upset and wonder why he has to twist the knife buried in my heart. Any thoughts on why he is being so cruel?

Hating him is an understatement, not only did he leave me standing at the altar in a dress and venue paid for by every relative I know, but he had been cheating since he proposed. And after leaving me standing their like an idiot, the two of them took the limo I paid for and had sex in the back of it while it sped off. I know because my friend notice through the rolled down windows. So, yeah I don't want anything to do with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• He feels guilty. He wants you to forgive him, so he can feel better. Don't give him what he wants, he does not deserve it. If I was a girl, I would not even take a call from this guy, but that's just me. I'd let him stew in his own juice, for a long, long, time. He SHOULD suffer for what he did to you.

What Guys Said 1

• Why the hell are you allowing him the possibility to text you? surely you would make it almost impossible for him to contact you as much as possible, so whyt have you not changed your number. You can stop this bum from having anything else to do with you, but you have allowed him a way in, settle this problem by eliminating him from your life, and get that guy worthy of your talents, one that will take you and no one else as a bride,x

What Girls Said 4

• Omg I'm so sorry :( Karma is a mother fucking bitch and you this is a blessing in disguise. Thank God you don't have to deal with that piece of shit. Now you have the opportunity to find someone who deserves you

• tell him, "much better now that the two of you are out of my life, never speak to me again"

• He's feeling guilty as hell and doesn't want you to hate him (although you have every right now). I don't think he's trying to be cruel but attempting to be civil with you.

• I don't think he was trying to be cruel; that actually sounds like he wants you to be happy.