Trying online dating?

Im tired of being single and can't really find anyone in my college. Thinking of trying online dating but I don't know if it actually works. Should I try it and any suggestions., don't really know any for younger people like in college.

Most Helpful Guy

• Having a profile is harmless, just don't waste a lot of time on it messaging women. Most of the girls make profiles for attention with no intention on meeting anyone so they'll love emailing you back and forth but meeting in person, suddenly they vanish.

Basic ways to minimize wasted time on there.

email a girl no more than 5 times and get her number.

Do NOT make the long ridiculous emails of "how pretty they are" that they ask for. The ones looking for those are the attention seekers. Keep it short but not like "hi." Emailing back and forth for weeks is a waste of time and you could be emailing a grandpa using pictures of her granddaughter for all you know. Plus many people lie in their profiles all the time. Better to catch it in some 20min "coffee meet" than emailing them for weeks just to meet up and think "wow I wasted my time."

Meet ASAP. It's not "needy" or "aggressive." Girls who say that just want you to keep emailing them for attention. You're using the site for what it was intended to be, dating. If she is assuming that it means you are so into her, she's a narcissist who thinks way too highly of herself. You're just trying to meet for a drink, not automatically assume you want her to be your girlfriend.

You could also just leave the profile up and not message anyone. If you have good photos and a well written profile girls will message it but it will be very rare.

• I never considered the idea that women create dating profiles purely for attention. That's interesting...

What Girls Said 2

• Try it, for your age I would recommend OK Cupid

• Tinder!

What Guys Said 3

• A lot of people lie on those things you could talk to someone on the site and the person on the date is someone different. Kind of a gamble no harm in trying it for a few weeks but I wouldn't expect to find the one on those things or anything but who knows you may get lucky and find someone great.

• If I were you, I wouldn't bother. Even if you haven't met anyone at college yet, you have a better chance of finding someone there than on a dating site.

• do online dating ask girls to hang out. or you can go to the bars or a coffee place and ask a girl on a date!