Do you find online advice about dating (other than sites like GAG) to be inaccurate and or misleading?

Am I the only one who finds online dating advice to be sketchy and misleading. I see so many articles online that describe things that men do and why they do it and I know for a fact it's total bull because I'm a man who has guy friends and none of us do those things. Or I see list of stuff someone should look for in a man and it seems like it's all good stuff but really it's all subjective bull crap. Then I look at advice about women and I can't help but think maybe this stuff is just as inaccurate as the stuff about men. And so I ask some of my lady friends and they tend to agree that most of it is bull. So I just wanted to know when you compare yourself to the advice that's given on the Internet does it seem accurate? Do you actually believe it?

I may just be weird. I've been told that most things that work on other guys don't work on me. But it all seems like a big market conspiracy to me. Like give them shitty advice that looks good but probably won't work so they need more advice and we make more money. I rarely see advice given that's not attached to some magazine or book or video that gives extra "help". So what are your thoughts. Is online advice inaccurate?

Most Helpful Girl

• Think many people do not know how to explain why causes success or failure because it one's mind we have our own explanations for it which may or may not be the real cause.

What Girls Said 3

• It is just an opinion and they don't necessarily represent a relative truth for some.

• I find advice on here is misleading as well

• It's only an opinion. What's odd is a lot of this advice comes from young inexperienced people.

What Guys Said 1

• Yea, it is because its just an opinion based on the writers experiences. Think for yourself.