Honestly would you be able to date someone with a bad past that effects them now?

I have a very bad past and I don't have experiences that I need. I feel they won't look at me the same way as they would from before they knew or they would walk away... I know everyone has had a past but my past sometimes creeps back up into the present... I wonder how someone would take it... I don't really know because I was too scared to ask so I decided not to have a boyfriend what so ever because of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what your past is and whether you are getting any help. What are you looking for in a man? Are you looking for a good guy or are you attracted to the bad guy and can't control it? The way I see it is we only have one life so make the best of it and don't let the world drag you down. Get your own projects and goals and do things for yourself that don't depend on others. Once you find something (for me it was surfing) then even if something terrible happens I can always go back to that.

Some guys are probably gonna try the rescue thing, just as girls (especially young ones) try to rescue the bad guy (I think we've all seen that) Most cases the guy just uses them until he gets sick of it and moves on. Anyway that's my 2 cents worth without any further info on what your bad past is. Cheers Paul.

What Guys Said 4

• It depends how bad the situation is. If you stole a million dollars from the Mexican Drug Cartel, and are on the run, then I probably wouldn't date you. If it is a more mild thing then I wouldn't mind. If you like stole some shit in the past or something, and admitted it was a mistake then I would have no problem.

• lets just say its nothing as its a crime more like I was the victim of my past

• every girl I've dated has had some type of past and insecurity that that they've been scared of but I never judged them or held it against them. So basically yes I can date that person as long as they are able to Be strong and not let it control them and learned from it! So that's what you need to do! Be Strong, Move on, Be Happy!

• Depends how you handle it. I had one myself so it would be easier to relate. As long as you strive to grow thewn it shouldn't be a big deal. But if you continue to live in the past while your in the present, then that would be a no no.

• You're 16, how bad can your past really be?

• Maybe you need to forgive yourself and move on with life. It's not like you did a 20 year stretch in Rikers Island for a killing spree.

What Girls Said 1

• Depends how bad and how they handle the effects