When doing to a date, does it feel normal for the guy to pay?

Well the obvious norm is that the guys pay for the food and stuff when they go to a restourant or something. But doesn't it feels awkward? I've just never been in a relationship before, so I'm used to paying for my own stuff. I would feel bad if it was the guy to only pay for those stuff, even though it's accepted like that in society. Guys, do you like paying during a date? And girls, do you feel it's the guy's job to pay?

*going*

Most Helpful Girl

• I never let my boyfriend pay for my part of the meal unless I cover the whole meal the next time, and he's the same way. It's just not fair. Money is hard to come by these days and jobs for new graduates is hard to find so when we do go out we always make sure to split it even, or if one person pays the other person will pay them back- he'll pay for dinner so I'll pay for the movie. And we don't go anywhere expensive so that usually equals out. But guys paying is an antiquated idea left over from a time when women weren't allowed to have jobs and work so they couldn't pay because they didn't have any money that wasn't their parent's or their husband's.

What Guys Said 4

• I like paying. I guess it is the whole "showing her I can provide" mentality. Not only providing financial. but it other areas of life too. Although It feels normal to pay I deeply appreciate a girl who wants to pull their weight. If I'm paying alone past the first month I do start to feel taken advantage of.

• But should I at least offer to pay if I were in a date?

• Sure, especially if you really enjoyed yourself. It shows good etiquette. If your principles want you to pay your own way then voice your beliefs. most guys would accept and appreciate your gesture

• I'm a bit old fashioned and firmly believe in chivalry. I always pay. I know if I ask a girl out that means I am paying. I asked her out and that is the man's job to pay.

• I would probably never pay for the date. I've never been on a date but I would only want to split it

• Whatever, I just wish girls would figure out what the fuck they want so guys don't have to keep wondering and guessing.

What Girls Said 4

• If you're talking about the first date, I think the one who asked the other out should pay. During the second date the other person should pay and so forward...

Personally speaking, it doesn't feel normal to me and I do not feel it's a guy's job to pay. My boyfriend and I treat each other all the time. I don't want a guy to show me he can provide. I am capable of providing for myself.

• It makes me feel awkward especially if he's wants to pay and it's an expensive bill. My boyfriend and I usually split it but then there are times I pay and times he does as well (we don't really keep track).

I don't feel like it's his job to pay all the time.

• Men are supposed to pay on the first date.

• guys always pay for dates, even guy friends but I don't expect it.