How often do you talk/text with your bf/gf?

How often do you talk/text with your bf/gf? What do you guys usually talk about and how long do your phone/text convos last? And how long have you been together?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not in a relationship with this girl (yet), but we text almost daily, and often for at least half an hour, and sometimes upwards to 2 hours or more. We use Facebook Chat, so we can either text using our mobile phones or type using the computer.

One reason we text so much is, we don't call each other on the phone. We tend to be multi-tasking something else (like doing homework or watching TV) while we're chatting. When the conversation gets really engaging, we pretty much just drop whatever we're doing to text exclusively, but when there's a lull, we go back to watching TV, and start texting again when the other person comes back again or the conversation gets new life.

Another reason is, we don't meet up often. We're too busy, so all that missed talking goes to our texting conversation.

Final reason is, we're both gamers playing the same games. We talk about the game everyday, so we don't run out of material. I can imagine that without the game material, conversation becomes very difficult to maintain on a daily basis. Before we both got into the game, we only talked once a month!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I've been with my Boyfriend for a bit over a year and a half...I didn't text as much in the start because I didn't want to appear clingy...we'd go days w/o texting...but now we text at least daily...and see each other all day on weekends...usually 2-3 times per day...almost every day on vacation...we are both in grad school and have very busy schedules...it's not as much as I'd like to talk/text...but I realize it's only temporary until we can save up enough & to move in with each other and get married

• Every day, through out the day. If we both have to work the same day, we'll text in the morning before one of us has to leave and then we text each other for the rest of the night once we're off. If we're both off, we text/talk all day until we go to bed. We've been together 8 months. We talk about anything and everything.

• I find that when I first start dating someone, I text them a lot. Once the relationship has been somewhat "cemented" (not sure if that's the best term to use), I notice we text less. We usually say good morning to each other though, so there is definitely communication everyday.

• I've been with him for five month, we live together so we talk a lot. We don't text that much, mostly when we're not together to tell the other...where we are and when we'll come back.