Does a guy with a ripped body necessarily only want to date a ripped gal?

It's something I've been wondering for a long time. I use online dating and a bunch of guys have pictures of themselves showing off their abs and super fit bods. I am at a healthy weight (around 126 pounds and 5'7''. I was already 121 pounds as a fit 13 years old, so that gives you an idea!), not too much extra flab, flat stomach. I think I have attractive curves and I eat healthy.

This guy sent me a pic of him in his boxers and he is ripped. I refused to send a pic back cause I'm not that type of girl but I'm wondering if he expects me to be super toned. I've been told a million times that guys prefer a soft and curvy body over an athletic one but heck, if you maintain your 6 pack and all, what body do you expect a girl to have?! This guy is sort of in the military, on the fencing team, working out over 3 hrs a day, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• no not at all, I'm sorda ripped and my girlfriend isn't riped at all. But I still find her hot

What Guys Said 2

• Nope. Guys have a very wide idea of what an attractive girl is. You don't have to be as ripped as him for him to find you attractive. Case in point link link

• I'm not sure if I qualify as "ripped" since I don't work out but I tend to naturally have abs, wide shoulders and look like I work out to a lot of people. But I intend to work out anyway, but my idea of attractive in a girl wouldn't change. I don't like six packs on girls at all or really defined muscles. I prefer thick and curvy that she can carry well

What Girls Said 3

• No. I have dated ripped guys, even one was a former physical trainer and won awards in bodybuilding. Depends on their personal preference.

• No it depends who he takes an interest in

• i don't think they care that much, maybe theyd like you to be their gym partner though (without having to do anything heavy, just enjoy going and being company for them)

i dated a guy who was really built and went to the gym 3 days a week in his spare time and I can't lift a fly, I'm 112lbs 5,3 slim and slightly curvy. no muscle on me at all, he said he liked it and felt more protective of me than a girl who would be taller or just as ripped as him