Women, you want to go out with this guy, but find out he has slept around. Would you date him?

Women, does it really bother you if a guy has been around the block?

Most Helpful Girl

• My concern would be more along the lines of WHY has he been around the block? Is he one of those guys that is only out for sex? Does he have commitment issues? I'd definitely be on my guard trying to figure out what's wrong with him. But my absolute best male friend in the world definitely falls into this category of "been around the block" and I did date him once upon a time and would again if I were single. So if I knew the guy fairly well I might. Also, I might date him but have my guard up. Like. Not expect much from him. Have some fun but not expect a lasting relationship or anything. Which was what I did when I dated my friend.

I don't think I would write him off completely, but I would want to know why he's slept around so much. I would want to know what his more recent relationship history has been like. If he has slept around when he was younger but in more recent years has been in committed long term relationships more often than that's different in my opinion. And I would ask him what, if anything, he thinks makes me different than any other woman he has slept with and then moved on from. Why is this going to work out better?

But I think the bottom line is going to be how well do I know him? If I just met him I'm more likely to be turned off. If I've known him a while it's easier to overlook in favor of other qualities.

What Girls Said 5

• Rarely does someone's past effect me. I'd date him, but I wouldn't be rushing to hop in bed with him! I'd want to make sure he's interested in me for the right reasons.

• I don't have any problem with a man's past. I could care less how many people a guy has been with before me. But I would want to know what his safe sex practices are. You can never be too careful these days! People who avoid this subject for sake of an uncomfortable situation shouldn't be having sex at all. Besides it's not like I'm going to sleep with ANY man right away without knowing some of their past.

• I don't really care unless it's a ridiculous amount. I've been talking to this guy and he claims to have been with over 400 women. I have a feeling he is telling the truth because why would a man want to lie about a number like that. I just could never see myself sleeping with him even though he is a great guy. I don't care if he quadruple wrapped it. Grosses me out.

• How did you get to talking about how many women he has been with? Did he volunteer this? Hell, I don't know if or why I would want to count! I do not think I would give that information to any woman. What a loser he is!

• I don't know for some reason I always end up talking about that with someone I'm getting to know. I feel like it is kind of important. Because he is really nice and stuff, just way too many people. Ya most men wouldn't want to admit to that.

• I would date him. If he was nice and funny and liked me then his past is just that. His past.

• I would probably date him if I really liked him, but honestly I would have my guard up for a while. I would be concerned that he is just trying to use me for sex.

• AND I forgot to mention we would have to visit the clinic because please believe he would have to get tested If we ever did have sex

What Guys Said 0