Do many guys think that girls who join dating site are desperate or cheap?

I mean I have seen so many guys hear complain about how girls don't reply their messages. I join dating site lately and encounter so many crazy things over there.Recently a guy viewed my profile and without saying anything good he pushed me to give my contact number.When I didn't reply he kept saying the same thing until I finally blocked him.Another dude sent me message saying he wants to date me.Are these guys for real?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the woman and on the man. If a guy never receive positive answer..he might get upset. A woman who goes on a dating website has all power, many men will want to go for her. For men it's a real fight to get to talk to a girl. And they are really happy when they can do.

Men who are to on this site sometimes don't understand the point of it.

I met my boyfriend online, guys tried to seduced me in real life but I was too shy and they were not my type. At first I was probably desperate but then I was in control and the one choosing.

What Guys Said 8

• The big problem with a lot of girls is that they don't meet in person and expect to email forever... but then the girl changes her mind and they never meet up. I don't really ask for a phone number in the first message but by the 5th message if I don't get a number I stop emailing her. I wouldn't email her over and over again like most guys do because I just want to meet for a cup of coffee and get to know her but if she is not interested, then there is no point in pestering. If that's "scary" to a girl, she should not be on a dating site. A phone number can be blocked just like they can on the dating site, and the chances of a guy actually being able to "find out what you live" are like ridiculously slim. It's just an exaggeration girls make to dramatize the attention they are getting. Plus talking on the phone is a GREAT way to get to know someone.

The problem is that girls are not desperate or cheap for being on dating sites... they're actually on dating sites because they like the attention, but don't intend on meeting anyone. They get off to all these guys trying to date them. These girls don't realize so many people(both guy and girl) lie in their dating profiles and that when they meet in person, the lies are caught. So a girl would rather email a guy for a week+ just to find out when they meet that he lied about his height when she could have found out a week ago, but choose to keep emailing. Girls lie about their weight. They take misleading photos. I'm not gonna keep emailing some girl who could be overweight all day.

• When a girl join a dating site, she's going through her options. When a guy joins a dating site, he has exhausted his options.

• Well, you can answer your own question by examining the type of behavior you see.

You're getting approached by these weird aspergers types. Why? Because online dating is a self selecting crowd. The kind of people you're gonna find on there are mostly people who couldn't meet someone in real life. But in that description there is a lot of range. So yeah, the aspergers guy thinks that there must be something wrong with you too, so he has a chance.

• It depends on the culture you are living with, but at the end u are doing what you think is good for you not what others guys thinking also you have to be sure that most of the guys on website dating are looking for fun...

• Kind of depends. Okcupid seems to be less desperate and crazy. POF seems more for fat single teenage mothers, the like.

That, and online dating is by nature, something for guys that either

A. Figure it's worth the little time because it's so easy, so why not cast out a fishing line.

And/or

b. Can't get dates in real life.

• Not desperate or cheap at all.

• Well, in all honesty (despite me getting many downvotes and whatnot ;) ) then I think everyone that joins dating sites are desperate; it kinda surprises me that so many guys here seem to be on them.

Then I read what you should pick as the best answer; from Nochielo: "When a girl join a dating site, she's going through her options. When a guy joins a dating site, he has exhausted his options."

...that hadn't crossed my mind

• Depends on the appearance of the girl

if the girl is obese many people will get the impression that they are desperate

if the girl is hot she might be there to seek attention

I think guys are way more desperate on dating sites than women (just a guess)

• I can see that but how can they be so blunt and think that they will ended up getting something by saying rude things?

• To be honest, I have no idea. They might be just looking for easy hookups so any girl that gives her number out instantly is the one they go for.

The other reason could be they are awful with women and they have no idea how to interact with others

Lastly they might just be assholes :)

What Girls Said 5

• I wouldn't generally think so. I did online dating with a friend of mine for a while. We didn't look that much into the girls proflies, so no idea what is normal there but we both got lots reasonable messages.
    Sure a lot of Hi How are yous and some weirdos but I'd say 1/4 of messages totally usable.

You can block people for a reason tho and even report them. I'd say make it clear what you want. Don't use pictures that show a deep cleavage or you in a tight dress if you're not looking after sex. A friend of mine said browsing through profile pictures he felt like he was browsing for hookers, because many girls took pics showing them in revealing clothes, in questionable poses with a shitload of make up, making them seem desperate and cheap. On the other hand if a girl was pretty and had just a nice picture of her in let's say a summer dress or at a football game , she stood out

• Yes some of the men are for real others just want a fuck buddy. I wasn't desperate when I joined a dating site three years ago. I was just tired of guys treating me like crap. My fiancĂ© messaged me because he was tired of the girls in his area so he reached out to a larger area and we talked for a long time. Every day actually and two years later we got engaged. So best of luck.

• i thought this was the other way around. Guys being cheap (don't want to pay for sex) and desperate.

• i sighed up a dating app on phone as well lately,

trust me, most of them only up for sex

especially they say wanna meet up, be his girlfriend,ask for number right away

only a few of them up for chatting

• I'm on POF I get the same crap.

They are pretty rude even though I have found some decent ones.

My last boyfriend was actually from this site :)