Girl won't date someone without a bachelor's degree or higher?

I have seen this written on some girl's dating profiles and it confuses me. I'm not just talking in the preferences tab but in the profile descriptions something like saying that their date must be smart so a bachelor's is required and then in parenthesis saying that an associate's doesn't count.

Is this a common thing for a lot of women or am I thinking that the girl is just thinking of her dream guy and her idea of "Mr. Perfect?" I know girls have their own preferences and all but I have mixed opinions on this. Like I can understand they want a guy pursuing a job and all so seeing them in school shows character. Plus I see like every 2-3 profiles is a profile of a girl trying to become a teacher. So I can see someone wanting someone who really likes education. But another side of me makes it feel like they want guys to send them a resume or something which is very off-putting and makes it feel like dating them is a job and not a shared set of happy experiences. Like I can understand a bookworm wanting a bookworm to date but I can also get a sense that the girl is limited and possibly stuck up because so many people out there go for trades or are extremely successful only having a high school diploma.

So I'd like opinions on this. I personally would not be interested in them. Plus do you think these girls if they met someone in person that they'd not be looking at their degree in the same way that they'd check online?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind an educated guy. What matters to me is his personality, the way he carries himself, his dressing style, whether he is humourous-can I have an intelligent debatable conversation with him. Whether he makes me happy is more important. The fact he's educated comes in handy since we can talk about subjects of interest and whether he enjoys his job, why he chose that career pathway, etc

What Girls Said 5

• Thats the problem with dating online. In real life, I've dated men and been in love with men who if I had seen their profiles online, I wouldn't have given them the time of the day. I think that many men would have said the same. While they are online they look for the pretty ones but in real life they would have ended up falling in love and being crazy about a plain Jane.

• It sounds like she is trying to find "Mr. Perfect". All she needs to do is include height, hair and eye color along with hobbies and hope someone bites. If they are like that online, they might be like that in person. Hopefully though, they can look past all their expectations and actually see the person for who they are.

• Personally, I wouldn't. I'm a young college student who will be going to grad school. I want someone who has a bachelor's degree.

It shows we share similar values.

• Depends on the girl

• I personally would not

What Guys Said 5

• Let me guess: These women also wanted their men to be tall, handsome, athletic, wealthy, white (or non-black), age-specific, healthy and rich. Must make minimum $100,000 annually, have lots of property with a lakeside cottage and submissive to her terms only. They also point out, "If you don't like it, TOUGH! It's my right and I have standards."

I gave up on dating online and have lived a less stressful life since.

If you look at it one way, the women don't want a loser. The question is, what exactly is a loser? Very subjective isn't it? Think about the world we live in. Success is measured in wealth, status and power. It's only natural for our spoiled women to demand the best, we idiot men made them that way.

Am I not correct? Or was I not supposed to say anything about women?

• I find this really funny, once you get in a girls head and find out her deepest desires and secrets, Its all over for her. Education should not matter. I know a lot of people that make more money than people in school. Sounds like she goes after money in life. Its not what you are in life that matters its who you are.

• In the real world about 2% are like her. Here on gag, home of the princess, about 90%. There's nothing more pathetic then a girl wanting a smart educated man when she's got a brain of a chicken, college grad or not...& I've met a lot. They think just because someone goes to college they are "automatically" this intelligent genius, even though half of them can't even spell as well as a 5 year old kindergarten grad or has the mindset of a monkey.

And it's no wonder why you see so many of them on dating sites, no guy wants them.

• if a girl doesn't have a college education she expects the guy to have one. If she has a bachelors she will only go after a guy with a masters degree. Women will only date up because they think they are better than guys and deserve. they have a superiority complex where they think the deserve more than they have

• this makes me filled with regret me being 26 and only having a high school diploma