Are mormon people allowed to date out of their religion?

I have this friend and I think she is cute, I kinda like her, we work togother and we flirt most of the time she is mormon and I would like to know if there allowed to date or do other stuff...

Are they allowed to drink, smoke, fu*k all that shit that regular people do...?

Most Helpful Girl

• Where I live there are mostly Mormons and it's hard to find people who aren't. I have dated them while I am not Mormon so it is possible. There isn't too high of a chance of her Marrying you, though since their church is highly strict. Mormons are big in converting people so be prepared for that. Don't expect sex either, just like and other highly religious person, she will want to wait for marriage. That is if she is highly involved in her religion. The best thing to do is to try it out. You never know if you don't take the chance. Right? Good luck with this girl!:)

What Girls Said 10

• I dated a Mormon guy. But he had left the church. He wasn't and isn't a practicing one. A rare breed but they are out there

• If she's a strict Mormon, forget it. They are very "uptight" I guess, much more so than a lot of other branches of Christianity. "Kinda liking" her isn't going to be enough to motivate you to give up all the things you'd need to in order to be with her. Of course, if she doesn't strictly follow that church's teachings, then maybe it would work out.

• i've heard about them but can't remember what they do

• This is really going to depend from person to person.

• I don't think they do but I don't know much

• Two words.

Jodi Arias.

But seriously, it depends on how serious they are about their religion and whether or not they choose to participate in said activities. It's a conversation that you need to have with the individual.

• If they're strict mormon, then no

• You can (probably) date her. But she won't be allowed to do anything but kiss you... no to drinking, smoking, coffee, etc...

Her family might also have a problem with her dating you, but I've seen mormon/not mormon couples get together.

Maybe ask her about her beliefs and what she can and can not do? It does differ from person to person.

• I don't think so

• If they are strict, no

What Guys Said 3

• update: lol, non of that shit and more. I think some aren't allowed to even consume caffeine or some shit like that. I mean people do fall in love, it's probably happened. I know for certain they can't get married in a Mormon church. Not certain but even if you convert, non-Mormons aren't allowed to attend the ceremony (ie the converts mom and dad).

It's a shame to, Mormon folks are usually very polite.

• Almost all of them will want to get married in their Temple.

The odds of them marrying you unless you convert are pretty slim.

• Strictly speaking, no. But it depends on the person and how serious they are about their faith.