Why do girls say they want a good guy but go for the bad boy?

I mean. I treat women with respect and loyalty and I get cheated on and heartbroken. I do consider myself a good guy but if it comes down to it I don't let anybody fuck with me

Girls don't give me the time of day

And I don't want to hear oh that person is out there waiting it just takes time. I've been in the military for 4 years and have not been able to catch a break in the dating scene

1,460 days in the army

0 dates I've been on

Gotcha and whether or not it has been asked before is not my concern

I'm not clingy I just want friends not military related

I just wanted to know for myself because I've never had a straight answer

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to be just like you.

Your problem is this - your understanding of what women want is completely wrong because women don't even know themselves what they want.

Respect? Loyalty? That's bullshit. No girl would choose respect and loyalty over a hot guy that they can parade in front of her girlfriends and make them all jealous unless they're carrying some emotional baggage.

Stop listening to what women and romcoms tell you about how to chase women, and go seek advice from guys who actually finds success in chasing women. It'll be a whole new learning experience for you.

What Girls Said 7

• Because they are dumb and want to try new things. They like excitement, which isn't bad no one wants a boring relationship, so they go after the guy who gives them a buzz and makes them feel rebellious or wild and free. In the end they will regret losing you once they get their heart broken, secretly though women want a guy who respects them and wht they have to say but don't be a wuss girls like guys that can take charge and can make decisions. BTW which branch did you go into, I was thinking about going into the Navy

• If there's anything my mother taught me is to have dignity, self love and respect for myself and to date and marry someone who loves, care, is loyal and respects me and I to him. I see this great example from my parents. My mother dated these bad boys and did her no good. She met my dad, a man with respect, hard worker, with great love, caring heart. I WOULD KILL ANYONE WHO DARE SAY "its bullshit, girls like it when treated like shit, etc etc". I WANT THAT LOVING, RESPECTFUL LOYAL, CARING GUY IN MY LIFE! I've seen some friends, classmates crash and burn and tried to pick themselves after dating bad boys types. I often wondered and asked them why they continue, but they never give me an answer. Everyday, 21 years, my parents relationship, that's the kind I want from my future man and for me.

• Lot's of girls want to feel like they're making a guy a better person subconsciously. They like the idea that there's a bad boy out there who's nice just for her. However I agree with you in that these girls should be going for nice guys like you, because nobody ever changes.

• Many girls honestly don't know what they're looking for. They definitely want a good guy! Bt girls only like bad boys because they just seem kinda attractive.

• I don't know.

Because they don't realize they are dating bad guys?

All I want is a bit of loyalty and respect , I just get hurt too :(

• Yeah, this hasn't been asked before.

• They aer teases

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe you are too heavy on the respect and loyalty.

It's like how my dad says,

"You want to be the fun guy, not the serious responsible guy. The serious responsible guy gets more responsibility and less sex and less fun than the fun guy".

The words of my old man make sense the older I get; girls these days fear commitment as much if not more than they accuse men of doing. Many girls don't like that romantic Knight shit until MONTHS into being MONOGAMOUS!

As the saying goes, girls just wanna have fun. Being loose and fun with girls gets you more success with less effort, excellent deal if you ask me!

So just focus on being loose and fun with girls and not being so "gentleman textbook". :)

• why do guys say they like a classy woman , and don't like skinny fake breast women , but you see these girls surrounded by guys all the time ?

Biology , maturity , low IQ , generalizations = 4 keywords here...

• It must be your personality ot something else is off about you. Speaking of marines, my sister just dated one for a few weeks and it got weird really fast. She gave him a small peck on the lips and then he started texting her like crazy and looking too much into stuff and got really clingy all of sudden about that little kiss. By the way, this was the 2nd armed forces guy that she dated and the same thing happened.

Im not judging and saying your anything like these guys, but my sister sure made a huge assumption after those two and said' "not dating anymore of those crazies".