How do I get a date for prom?

Prom is coming up and there is not one boy in my life right now who I could possibly go with. Where can I go to meet boys to potentially go to prom with? And how do I approach them and start talking to them? I'm seriously freaking out because I'm not going to have a date and I really need help. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• You seem to be one of those girls who live very much in 'girls only' groups.

The world is 50% male and 50% female. But your world seems to be chosen 100% female. Your choice. At least one (nice and very intelligent) girl I know since 50 years has been choosing her company that way for 50 years. She's 67 now and still a spinster. She's still taking coffee once a week or month with 3 or four women, goes shopping and theater with women only. Even her female friends wonder why. They think she's not a lesbian. 50 years ago she wasn't the beauty queen of the class but largely pretty enough. Quiet, whispering, never speaking louder.

I don't know, I just can't figure out what makes her tick. Maybe she lived something that created an aversion for males? Something she wants to keep secret...

YOU can ask

-that guy who can't avert his eyes when you cross his path.

-a friend of your brother

-your best male friend or one of his friends

-the brother of your best female friend

-a brother of your sister's boyfriend.

One is enough.

What Guys Said 6

• Well, either don't go (I always did, but I think it was a waste of time) Or go with otger friends who don't ave dates. Ask a guy who is in your friend zone. Hint to a guy you like that you don't have a date but woukd love to go. If all else fails and you are determined to go with a guy in a traditional sense of the word date... Just let it be known that you will for sure put out prom night and you'll have guys lining up to ask you.

• Either start asking guys out that you see when you're out and about, or go with a group of friends.

• Don't you have any guy friends you could invite? Or do you have an older brother, maybe ask one of his mates.

P.S this is a bit out of context but why would a girl invite a particular guy to her Prom, especially if he lived in another country.

• who the hell cares about prom?

high school is just filled with idiotic assholes... unless you somehow got into a good school.

• In HS I went to our 'prom' (much less hyped here than in the USA) only once, at 18. In college and university, I didn't even go when degrees were announced etc. The year I graduated to Masters I was in Paris doing naughty things with my girlfriend in the apt my uncle had loaned us. I just phoned the uni's secretary to be sure I had my degree, collected the paper a few months later and that was it.

• why you don't go with your friends

• since you are a girl , society considers you better than us .

do you want a good looking guy

What Girls Said 1

• Go with friends