Need help deciding on a second date?

So I am trying to figure out a second date. Our first date was to an Italian restaurant for lunch and then we walked around town and ate gelato (tried to make it Italian themed date).

Now I am struggling what to do for a second date. I was thinking about Ice Skating but I'm afraid that it might be too short of a date and I figured if I pair it with dinner it might be boring as we already went out to eat. My other thought was the aquarium but I'm not sure about it as it feels kinda kiddish. She likes plays and musicals and Romeo and Juliet is a play that is going on currently but I figured that might be too much for a second date and save that for a third date. My final thought was suggesting a half and half date where I pick half the date and she picks the other half but I'm afraid that may look like I'm trying to skip out on making a decision. Anyways do any of these sound like a good idea? From a women's opinion what makes a great second date?

Thank you for your help!

Most Helpful Girl

• I would suggest dinner and a movie, but I found that most guys just like to go inside to "make their own movie" with me, if you catch my drift. I don't know how progressed you have gotten with your first date, but if you were to do the "movie scene," and haven't gotten past a "kiss on the cheek" yet, it is fine, maybe hold hands and LITERALLY---watch the movie. I was quite impressed with YOUR "romantic Romeo and Juliet" play, and absolutely NOT "too much for a second date," and being she enjoys plays and musicals, this might be the way to go. I personally think skating and the Aquarium should be saved for when you both have gotten to the point in your relationship when it "feels kinda kiddish." As far as your "final thought" for another date, save this for when you both have done and seen everything and don't know what else to do, and when you have come "further into your relationship" where you both can choose "halfsies."If you don't mind me saying, sweetie, this girl is a lucky girl to get such a great "date planner." Wish there were more men out there who did this. A lot of men today only want a booty, not a cutie..

What Girls Said 4

• I think skating is good. the aquarium is generally fine too. Dates don't have to be long. Also I don't think a second meal together is a problem. Just try to chose different food/mood from the first one. Or it could be skating and cocoa/coffee and a snack after. Something reasonably close to the skating venue is best, depending on what she's like she might also like one of those cake or chocolate specialty restaurants if there's one not too far off. These normally have coffees, teas, and sometimes wine or liquor as well.

It doesn't have to be super formal. Just don't surprise her with skating (have a back up plan when you mention it) some people don't know how and she might not like the idea of falling on her butt or making a fool of herself in front of you as early as date two, depending on the type of woman she is. She will also need warmish clothes and to not be wearing a skirt.

• Oh my gosh.. can you talk to my boyfriend? All of that sounds amazing! If I were her I would be blown away that your putting this much thought into it in the first place. I wouldn't do something to big though.. it may be a little too much if you have a lot of things going on. I always liked doing simple things like going to the movies.. having a picnic.. something where it's not too intimate but at the same time it feels relaxed and romantic.. Good luck! I'm sure she'll love anything you do for her!

• get a flask with some whiskey. go bowling, take her to see a band, then find a badass building in downtown to crawl upon and drunk talk til the sun comes up. that just sounds perfect to me.

• ice skating and a movie!

What Guys Said 1

• You might just be pulling a me and over thinking it. You guys could always go see a new movie you're both interested in and then go out for ice cream or dinner or something after it, or maybe do a movie and ice skating.

The dinner and walking around date was good because it allowed you guys to talk and get to know each other better; with a movie date you could spend a few hours just enjoying her presence and maybe try to hold her hand, but if you don't do that during the movie, you could definitely get around to it when ice skating.