I am in need of some serious break up advice!

Ok so me and my ex boyfriend dated for 7 months and I broke with him about a month ago.because he said he didn't know what he wanted. I still love him so much I and I really want him back. He has been a jerk to me. I decided to start hanging out with a guy friend and we walked home together and got Starbucks one day. Then my ex asked my friend if we were dating and a bunch of other questions and later he texted me being rude saying to text my "new bf" and he was just upset.

The next day I texted him and we I started to open up to him I I started telling him I think about him and he just stopped texting me in the middle of the convo saying "I have to let my phone charge for a little bit ill text you after" and he never did... I made myself look like an idiot and I sent him like 5 texts and he looked at all of them and never texted back but he liked my Instagram picture.

Then today I did the same thing. I asked him if he ever thought about me or missed me and he replied with "it's hard" and I sent him like 5 texts again and he ignored all of them.

Did I ruin everything?

What should I do?

Can this be mended?

What is he thinking?

Why is he doing this?

What could I do to make this better ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Your so-called "ex" as you refer him to, sounds as though he still loves you, too, still, maybe as much as you love him. He was obviously jealous about this "Starbucks stud" you had decided to start hanging out with, and of course, he is going to be angry and say and DO hurtful things. Even though he said "he didn't know what he wanted," doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings. Okay, so here you are writing in the end as though you want him back, "what can I do?" thing? If YOU DO really still love him and want to try to make a go of it again, then "forget the friend" right now, and make some arrangements to have a "meeting of the minds", to sort of speak. Talk things out, find out what is going on in his head with everything, being he has had a month to think, he did tell you "it's hard," and maybe, just maybe, by seeing you prance around another guy like some show pony , he has had a change of heart----and knows it is you that he wants.No, you haven't "ruined anything.." If anything, you gave him a "run for his money," honey...:)) Do yourself a favor, and let a few days go by for him to sulk, stew in his own juices, and see if HE texts you...He just might answer you back, but if you don't hear anything, then go ahead and tell him you would like to meet up.

What Guys Said 4

• He doesn't know what he wants...that's why he doesn't answer you. No, you didn't ruin anything, since he was confused already, before you sent him any texts!

Just wait and let him make up his mind. He might just feel he's not ready for a committed relationship yet. You WILL hear from him after he has time to think things through.

• You gave him the out...he took it.

Maybe a good thing for you...he may realize one day that he DOES know what he wants. Move on. Live on and find your smile.

• Stop sending him texts. Why would you waste time trying to get a jerk back?

• Root the shit out of the " guy friend " and move on ;)

What Girls Said 3

• You were doing the right think. You need to start hanging out with other people. Not just guys, but also girls. Distract yourself from him. Don't allow his "I don't know what I want" state of mind affect you. If he figures out what he wants, then maybe he will come back. But don't stop living for someone who is treating you like an option. He is probably being a jerk because he doesn't know what he wants and he just doesn't like the fact that you are going on with your life.

So what I say you do, is KEEP GOING WITH YOUR LIFE. Guys need time to figure out what they want just as much as we do. The worse thing you can do is wait around and hope they come back. By living your life you can actually help them figure out what they want. Maybe they realize that what they are looking for is a friend or a relationship.

You didn't do anything wrong. All you can do to make it better is give him space. Keep in touch once in a while, but don't over do it to the point that he thinks he can play around with you. Be patient. Let him have his moment. And go out and have yours. Trust me there is a lot of people who are interesting if you give them the chance and time the time to get to know. (:

• Jerks are never good. I think that there really isn't much point getting back together and that you should just move on. He doesn't seem to be very appreciative but texting isn't the greatest idea when it comes to serious stuff so if you still want to talk to him you should talk in person.

• BACK OFF. You're over doing it girl! Of course it's hard not to chase someone that we love; but try to allow yourself to think through your actions... learn that skill. You will need this as you move up in the world. He sounds like a mean spirited person. He interfered with your starbuck friend asking in a text if he's your BF? But he doesn't care like you do... leave this guy and find someone to treat you well... Tell yourself "I DESERVE THE BEST"... look in the mirror every day and smile at yourself. P.S. LOSE his ph #

• How do you know so much about relationships when you are constantly answering questions on here? You were level one xyper yesterday and already xyper 2

• I'm a therapist.

• My grad degree is in psychology, Ralph. P.S. love your profile pic with the kid looking out at the stars...