Have you ever dated somebody who is friends with an ex?

I'm dating someone who is still friends with a guy she dated for a year. She was open and honest about her friendship with him, or I would've never known. He lives in a city about 3 hours away but they do keep up with texting. He often tells her about dating life, etc.

I am a little apprehensive about this, but I've found it hasn't been a problem yet and I think it would be insecure of me to end this relationship because of this issue, especially since it's the best one I've ever had.

So how bout it? Have you ever dated someone who was still friends with an ex, or would you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dealt with dating women who were friends with exes. In all the cases it did not go well at all. I now have a personal policy I will not deal with exes period. If I am not good enough for her to get rid of her exes it isn't going to work since she cares more about them than she does me. A lot of women also say they don't want to be judged for their past well they shouldn't drag their past (exes) into the present then you might not care about their past. It's a horrible idea I'd end it and save yourself the trouble.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I dated a woman who was very good friends with her ex husband. It was an amicable divorce. I got to know him and his eventual girlfriend pretty well. I thought it was a bit odd at first, but the dynamics of their relationship worked for the two of them as just friends, and they were each clearly committed to their new relationships. It wasn't a problem at all.

• I'm married to a girl who is friends with her ex. They dated in HS, and we met when we were 26. Enough time has passed where I think there's no worry about anything happening. Although I do think I should get to see his wife naked as payback ;)