She says we're dating but won't put in any effort. Why?

Is she just leading me on till Valentine's day. Seriously I feel like my "girlfriend" is only back with me so she wouldn't be alone on the holidays. First of all she dumped me a year ago I wouldn't date her no matter how hard she tried for a year eventually I broke when Christmas Seriously she asked me out right before Christmas. We went out on a date. Everything was fine for the most part but she's pretty good at making things fun whether there's chemistry or not. She then proceed to ignore or postpone every possible date but then invited me to her mom's for Christmas. Everything went fine and she asked to spend New Years with me but then got sick. We went back to campus the next Monday. And she are lunch with me on that Tuesday but since then has been straight up avoiding me. She barely texts and is always busy. She completely forgot about a date today. She calls me baby and love and honey and shit but I haven't kissed the girl since Christmas and she barely even hugs me any more. This girl used to struggle to keep her pants on around me. Now she bails on every opportunity to see me and makes it extremely clear we're not having sex any time soon. She agreed to go to my friends wedding in may but I just feels like she's just trying to keep from being lonely. We've known each other for 4 years now. She cheated on her boyfriend with me once so I don't completely trust her but I really don't see her doing that again I don't see her being able to take it. She went into a mini depression after that. What do you guys think? What really sucks is since we've been dating I've had at least 7 girls just randomly start to flirt with me in the past two week without me doing anything yet I feel guilty. I see girls I'm not even dating more often then my own girlfriend. I feel like I'm just her security blanket yet at the same time I feel trapped but I pretty much promised her I wouldn't hurt her again but I didn't know that was going to turn into I get to do whatever and not pay attention to you. I know I sound needy but it's not like we're just meeting each other we've known each other for 4 years. We were best friends (with undertones of sexual attraction) for one and 1/2 of those. Fuck buddies for a few months and now all of a sudden I'm getting hugs like I'm her cousin she barely knows. I really want to break up with her but I feel trapped by a promise I made. Is she just waiting for Valentine's day? Or waiting for another guy? To be honest at this point I'm hoping she's found another guy. Just a little bit. It was made pretty clear by her family that I was nothing like any of the guys she's dated before and even though her family thought I was amazing I don't think she finds me attractive anymore. What do you guys and girls think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate when girls have a good man, and takes him for granted, the fact that you're posting this tells me you value your relationships and that your at least a decent man. You should give your love to someone who deserves its and wants it. There are so many great women out there looking for a man like you, go get one. Your girlfriend sounds like a selfish cheater, and you don't trust her, plus you're not happy...I think you know what you need to do, listen to your gut!

What Girls Said 3

• Idk about the Valentine's Day thing, but I think you're right about the rest of it. Dump her, that way at least you won't feel too used.

• That's not love. She doesn't love you, she's comfortable with you and takes you for granted. Leave her no matter what she has to say, for your own good. And find yourself a nice girl, who will make an effort. Good luck.:)

• You can always find a new girlfriend.

What Guys Said 0