Girl I meet online seemed interested than disappeared when I asked for number?

I don't know she seemed interested as she had responded to my previous messages and clicked yes to wanting to meet me on POF but when I asked if she'd be interested in a Skype convo or texting she never replied back , I don't feel like I came on too strong as we had exchanged a couple emails by that point and it was time to see if things had any potential , I'm not sure what I did wrong or why she isn't interested , is this sort of thing normal for these sites ?

Most Helpful Girl

• it happens believe it or not women get a lot of messages on sites and men normally dont.

I am on some sites and take weeks to reply since I don't log in every day.

you can send her a message asking did I say something wrong?

alot of women join sites but are reluctant to meet people in real life they think they are going to meet a mad man .

i have been online dating for 10 years its great

keep your head up there are plenty of fish in the sea.

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah , I think it's normal in any website potential dating is possible. To be truly honest I have done it before and really I was just bored and didn't really want to meet up . In your case though the girl could have been nervous about moving up to the next level or she thought you wouldn't like how she physically looks.

• Some girls come there just for the purpose of flirting,getting attention or gaining an ego boost.She is just not interested to meet you up.I have seen so many people clicked yes at the 'meet me' section but they don't see each other.

• Maybe try talking to her a bit longer before you ask for it again...

• Things like that happen on sites like that a lot.

• it's normal some girls aren't serious and they just want attention

What Guys Said 1

• It was a dude?

• i don't know the account looks real but I admit I've never seen her around here before and its not that big a town . but no red flags on profile to indicate to me it wasn't real and pictures weren't overly sexy or anything