How to jump into dating?

I come from a really small town, and a really small high school, less than three hundred students. I was awkwardly late in realizing that romance is good and boys are not all idiots, so all my options are closed off. I feel like everyone is really comfortable with me as friends, and most of the good guys are already in relationships. How do I send out signals that I am on the market, and want people to be considered girlfriend material? How do you find the guy that you love? I don't know if this means that I'm just not a very deep person, but I feel like I have a crush on several people, even though some of them aren't even people I would want to date. It's like I'm just sizing up what's left, and that just seems not right. Is this what dating is, or should I wait until I zing with someone? I just don't know who to pursue, if I should try to start something with anyone at all, if I'm not even sure I really like them. I guess it's more like attracted... Also, our school has a crazy powerful rumor mill, and I definitely don't want to end up on it. I'm afraid that if I jump into this thing unprepared, I'll hurt someone's feelings or get into a relationship that I don't really want, but I feel like I won't know until I try it. There are a couple of guys who I think like me, and I think I sort of like back, but I just don't know what to do. Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how you feel and I am in a very similar situation to you, accept I am a guy. What I have learned about dating is that you can't take it to seriously. Just have fun with it. If you feel uncomfortable flirting with guys just start talking to them and being around them more, going into it with the attitude that you just want to be friends with them. Become friends with many guys and eventually as you get more comfortable pick a guy you are attracted to and flirt with him! Change is all about getting yourself outside of your comfort zone so make sure you are making proactive changes. Addressing your fear of rumors being spread about you, you can't let it effect your ability to try to develop the romantic part of your life. It is perfectly natural for you to be attracted to somebody and take action to pursue them. If somebody decides to spread a rumor about that then they decided to act very immaturely, and as you mature you will find yourself surrounded by less and less people that spread rumors on such sensitive topics. To protect yourself against immature people just chose the people you interact with carefully, and if they still decide to spread the rumor then just know it will pass and in no way decides your life! About knowing which guys to pursue, that is a question that can only be answered by you. As you interact with more and more guys you will naturally feel a greater attraction to some then others. I really hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0