Online Dating advice.....

I've met a guy on match.com. We texted each other few few days before he asked me to go on the date. I said fine and he told me he would call. However, on the day of the date instead of calling he texted, and I did not answer. Next day, he texted me again with unhappy face. I explained to him that he promised to call and he did not but texted instead. So he finally called and we set up another date. Date went really good; however, I did not allow him to hug me and/or kiss me at the end of the date. I was too nervous. However, before I left he told me he would call me the following day. The next day again instead of calling he texted. I answered and we exchanged few texts. He never called. Then following day we spoke on facebook for a while and he asked me if I wanted to hang out on the weekend. I told him sure. So Sat came around, he texted me again. I am just confused with this texting came. It is getting kind of old for me. Is he interested or not? Does he want to go out again or not? What should I do? Today is Sun and I am again expecting him to text me...

So I texted him and asked him out. This time he took long time to answer. Again we exchanged few text when he finally told me he has a long list of errands to do and wanted to meet tomorrow. I didn't answer. I feel like he's one who is playing games.

Most Helpful Girl

• He is playing games!

What Guys Said 4

• 1. You played games when you didn't text him back. Just because a men doesn't actually "call" does not mean it's okay for you to ignore him. Maybe HE'S SHY!

2. From the story you posted it seems like you're pulling him around rather than the way other way. Look at it from his perspective and how you seemingly stand offish. That doesn't show that you're interested in him.

3. The whole no hug or kiss after your first date? That is a little harsh. Now, no kiss is fine. But, no hug? Not only that but you said you "did not ALLOW HIM to hug you"? If I was on a date like that I wouldn't want to see you either.

I'm being honest in those points, it seems like you're being a bit mean and playing games. How about telling him how you feel and if you want to see him...ask him out. Plus, in today's world (sadly) texting is almost the same as calling.

• Just f***ing work with him. You are reading way too far into this. Is text messaging an effective form of communicating information? Yes. Is it awkward talking to somebody you don't know very well over the phone? Sometimes. So just respond to his messages. He probably thinks you are not interested when you don't respond. "Oh, I'd better call her, then" will not be the first though that passes his mind. He is probably under the impression that he is bothering you with the texts and will gradually diminish his level of communication unless you become more responsive. The last thing he wants is to seem creepy or obsessive with ridiculous amounts of text messages followed by a call. I don't really think anyone thinks along your lines. You should try being more normal.

• Did he seem shy on the date? Texting is easier because you can think about what to say. He may think he'll get nervous talking on the phone, so he texts instead. If its bothering you, either call him up to break the ice, or simply just tell him you'd rather talk then text.

• Who cares about the texting? That's how things are done in todays world. I wouldn't worry about that at all if I were you. Just keep dating him and see where it goes, he IS NOT playing games. I do the same thing when I am dating girls and I am definitely not playing games.

What Girls Said 3

• It can be awkward to have a full conversation with someone that you have never met before, so that's probably why he chose to text you the first time. Also, in this day and age, some people think of calls and texts as interchangeable and it's really based on individual's preference. For example, I prefer texts from guys :) My advice would be if you actually do see him again, concentrate on the time you spend together on the date and not the mode of communication between dates. If you have more than 3 or 4 dates and actually like each other, say something to him if it's still bothering you. One thing I have learned the hard way- men are terrible mind readers! Good luck!

• some people like myself are scared to talk on the phone.

• It is a modern world! You need to wake up girl and realise that a man does not have to do all the work! You are just playing as many games and is he is! There could be a reason for him not calling you and that reason being that he is shy and not comftable talking on the phone.

The other reason that he may not have called is because he is confused on how you feel and may feel that you are not interested! You are moaning about him and saying that you feel you are too old for the txting game. I think that you were being imature by not letting him give you a hug at the end of the date.

It sounds like he is very interested in you and wants to see you more and find out more but he is confused by what you want and is taking things slowly.

I personally think if you like him and want another date I think that you should make the move and call him.