Polite way to tell him, I can't date him, he smokes?

first date was fine, just lunch and tea.

he came out on second date even with a bad cold. he was really sick and took me out. I got into his car, well...i smell the cigarette and its a total turn off.

i know I am allergic to it, but I didn't say I am however, he does know I was not happy that the car smells like cigarette.

the date was very nice, again, I felt so bad he was so sick and till took me out on a date. I can tell he likes me.

now I need to tell him I can't date him, I don't want to just disappear.

whats the best way to do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him you think he's a great guy. 'But unfortunately I can't continue seeing you because of the smoking. It's nothing personal, I'm allergic. Even if you don't smoke around me it's still on your clothes, in your car and hair. It really wouldn't be fulfilling relationship if I ------------ (insert your reaction) every time we see each other.'

How's that?

What Guys Said 2

• You will just have to tell him that the smoking is a deal breaker for you.

• I don't want lung cancer, sorry.

What Girls Said 2

• i also am allergic to cigarette/cigar smoke. I went on a date with a guy I knew used the nicotine patches. he tasted like smoke when we kissed, so I asked him and he had gone back to smoking. I told him sorry no more dates until you put that patch back on and explained I was allergic. he took it and went back to the patch. I've also had guys who woud rather keep smoking. it makes it easier to break their hearts when you have a medical reason. plus he's been dating you while sick; he should be resting anyway. and in the future make sure ahead of time that they don't smoke.

• Just tell him and then move on.