Would you date someone who left a relationship to be with you?

You could have just met. Be acquaintances. Be close friends. Whatever the situation... you are interested and so is he or she. They leave their partner to date you. Do you think you could trust them?

In my book, I see it like that Ginuwine song "What's So Different?"

Most Helpful Girl

• No I wouldn't trust them. They could wind up doing the same to me later on in the future. I've dated someone who did that and it happened. I was young and naive but I've learned since

What Girls Said 22

• I definitely would because of course there's the thought that they could do it to me as well, but what really is the difference with them breaking up with you or breaking up with you for someone else. I don't think there's really much of a difference. If a guy broke up with me for another girl then he wasn't satisfied with our relationship anyways, and if that other girl wasn't there who's to say he wouldn't have then broken up with me in the long run. If a guy really loved me he wouldn't break up with me regardless of if there was another girl. So therefore if a guy left a relationship to be with me than I know he just wasn't in love with that girl and maybe there's a possibility he will love me. You can compare the question similarly to would you date someone who cheated on their partner with you. Now that's something different because then that person has no morals. Whatever their excuses are "oh I didn't really love her" it doesn't matter you should break up with the person and then be with the other one. Now that is entirely different because a cheater is always a cheater. But the fact is if a person breaks up with their partner to be with someone else, now that is the right way to go about it.

• Yes. Of course if he cheats on her with me, then no way in hell, because I will not be used to cheat on some other girl - if you like me, if you want to date me, you have to have the balls to actually tell someone, anyone how you feel about them. Especially if there were/are feelings involved.

Look, I'm not sure how to say this, so I'll just come out and say it: If you break up with someone else over me without previously cheating on her or someone in your recent past (within the last 5 years), then yes, I'd go out with you. I'd take it a little slow though to show some respect to the other girl. Of course the situation kind of sucks, but if he likes me enough to break up a relationship he was probably already comfortable with, and I like him as well - what can I do? I'll feel bad for the girl, but she's fucked anyways because either he stays in a relationship with her even though he doesn't love her (anymore) or he breaks up with her and she can actually move on even though it hurts.

• I left my boyfriend to be with my current boyfriend, and we've been together for 2 years almost and I couldn't be more in love. Granted it was a bad relationship and I was headed down a bad raid with my ex and me and my current boyfriend had been best friends for like 3 years, but I think that it just depends on the person and the situation

• I wouldn't because they could leave you for another person just like what they did for you.

• Well I honestly can tell you this JUST happened to me , last year I met a guy he was married, so I was like boundaries .. I became attracted to him but didn't want to tell him, then one day he tells me he likes me and how his marriage ended 3 years ago. Long story short , he got divorced to be with me. Once that was final, I would catch myself asking him who he was texting and little things like that. I was having a hard time trusting him because of what he did with me to his ex wife

• I could

• Yes. As long as the girl he left wasn't my friend or as long as I didn't know her. But definitely yes, becuase I would be touched that he cared so much about me that he would leave his girlfriend to be with me. That would make me feel special, but also guilty

• No

• No. Not a chance I'm afraid!

• No. I will not plan things for the future w/ the guy, I will live day by day, not placing my faith in him.

• I left my relationship to be with a guy. I have no clue what he feels for me though. I felt way too guilty whenever I texted my boyfriend (he lives an hour away and since March, he's been in Juvie).

• I wouldn't trust them because they could just as easily turn around and put me in that situation. What if they found someone who they liked even better and left ME to date them? That would be my main fear and I would always be questioning my bf.

• Uhh he could do the same thing to me if he finds another girl lol so no.

• No, its wrong and greedy.

• it depends

• I think relationships like that do not last

• i think so doesnt that mean they are willing to leave something for you?

• Ya as long as they didn't cheat on their former partner.

• Yes I would

• Yes. But then again be careful bc they could do the same to you

• Not unless there was serious incentive to do so.

What Guys Said 8

• Ginuwine fan! Right on.

I'd be hesitant but chances are, no. It would always be in the back of mind that if she left her then boyfriend to be with me, what's to say she won't do the same to me? And I'm a firm believer in Karma so yeah. But if things were rocky between them or on the downhill, I may be a little more open to it but only if I was really attracted to her.

• I tried that and it didn't go well because they did the same thing with me to an ex.

• Nope, unless it seemed to be an outstanding case of excellent compatibility or chemistry and/or she was just getting out of a terrible (i. e. abusive relationship). I'd probably ask her what made her left and what she didn't like about her previous boyfriend and then in addition evaluate the quality of our theoretical relationship.

• See if they're leaving an awful relationship and then attempting to date me, that's plausible. On the other hand, if they are leaving because, "He was too nice," or, "The spark was gone," or something like that, then that implies that she's clearly not ready to commit and therefore is very likely to do the same thing to me.

• I would... and have.

• No way it says she's no loyal and I had a girl going after me who was in the midst of a breakup with her boyfriend and when I found out I just flat out ignored her. I don't wanna deal with that crap.

• Nope they can't be trusted.

• Maybe if they didn't cheat on them with me... or try to

• Nope, can't say that I would. I wouldn't trust her