Library date...good idea or bad?

So I went on a couple of dates with this girl and they were both big weekend dates involving dinner coupled with walking around the city for the first and live theater for the second. I kinda want to change it up a bit and since we both enjoy reading I was thinking of seeing if she wanted to go to the library with me. I was figuring on making this a week day date and making it fun like trying to pick a book out for each other, visiting the kids section and reminiscing about the books we read as kids, etc. We're both in our mid 20s. Would this be considered a good or lame date?

Most Helpful Girl

• You know her best, but that may be a bit odd for a date as you won't really be able to talk much in a library. Also, spending time in the children's books area may send the wrong message to her that she may take as that you want to settle down and have kids relatively soon. Since she likes books, I think it would be better to go for coffee with her in a Starbucks located in Chapters/Coles or a book store. That way you can still sit and get to know each other over a warm drink, all while talking and bonding over the love of reading as well. :)

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 3

• Why not go to the bookstore or a used bookstore? Like Barnes & Nobles or 2nd and Charles? There's coffee/hot chocolate, newer books to read that aren't torn or damaged, and you can buy them and take them home.

• I thought of that originally but she is a library person and has been trying to convince me to get my books from the library instead of the bookstore.

• If you think she would like it and be into it, then go for it. You know her better than we do. Personally it wouldn't be my cup of tea but that's just me

• Not a bad idea if she loves books

What Guys Said 1

• That would be kind of lame unless you both love books and privacy