If a relationship is going well, why date others?

I was just curious as to why people date other people if they are already seeing someone? is it for security or they are not into you or other reasons?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's for casual daters who just want to meet people but not get really deep.

Sometimes a person may not be looking to commit but still enjoys the whole feeling of dating, plus in that mindset it is less pressuring for them as it is all just for fun. Sometimes it can blossom into a relationship but other times the person they are dating is really cool, but that's the limit too. But at the same time, if they change their mind and decide to commit, they may have already found someone thus eliminating the whole "Dating process."

What Guys Said 5

• i think there are various reasons.

- arent' interested in being monogamous

- their ego is boosted by feeling like different women like them

- insecure and afraid to commit to one person

just to clarify though is this a explicitly stated monogamous (exclusive) relationship?

• yes, he asked me to be his girlfriend and we talk every day all day so I'm very confused :/

• then that's a big HUGE problem. It sounds to me that he doesn't really value monogamy or doesn't respect you. I think if you like him a lot you've got to lay down the law and tell him that you want to be exclusive and that him dating other women is not acceptable. if he can't or won't, and you aren't OK with it, you may need to end it

• Because some needs aren't met in the relationship, whether it's sex, conversation and going out. People in relationships aren't immune.

• It's all about numbers...the more people someone dates, the more likely there is to find a match or a better match.

Plus some people are seriously not built for monogamy.

• Some guys are serial cheaters, some guys (and girls) don't want commitment and some people just want to live free and be selfish.

• It's rare that one person provides all the stimulus you need. What one person fails to give you, you can get from another person.

What Girls Said 2

• Sometimes you just want to date multiple ppl

• The relationship is only going well on the surface but deep down not so.