Is it ever worth waiting for a girl?

Is it ever worth waiting for a girl in your opinion? I've liked this girl for a long time, over a year and I can't get over her no matter how hard I try. I've tried going out or having flings with other girls but then I stop seeing them as I still end up liking this girl more than the others by a mile. This girl has a boyfriend at the moment who may or may not be a rebound. We've friends for awhile and now we're slowly becoming better friends over time. Sometimes it seems like she likes me, but I can't tell. It's emotionally taxing but at the same time, I like her a lot. It's a mixture of I can't get over her (trust me I've tried everything) and I kinda...don't want to. I know other girls could make me happy but something inside tells me I want it to be her. So is it ever worth waiting for a girl and if you were in my position, what would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• The problem with waiting is. What happens if this relationship she is in works out and their together for years? You can't just sit around. You need to live your life.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that you should wait until she's out of a relationship, wait a little so it's not too close to the break-up. Tell her you like her and ask her out. If she says no or gives you mixed signals, do not wait anymore.

• I may not be the best person to hand out advice, I've been hung up on this guy for 18 months now... I suggest moving on if you can. I know I can't, but it sure spares some heartache.

What Guys Said 2

• Have you told her how you feel?

If you haven't told her, I would. She's dating, not married. You don't trash him, you don't try to break them up, but you ARE allowed to let her know that if she were single, you'd want to date her.

If she's not interested in splitting with him, move on. Maybe you'll both be single at some point, maybe not. You don't wait.

• Oh my god I waited over 2 years for a girl and it never happened dude you sound like me from 2 years ago trust me you have got to move on or at the very least date other girls! Girls never wait for guys, why should we wait for them?