Girls on dates? If you get a lot of time to talk about yourself, do you enjoy it more?

I was in a long term relationship, and ended it at 28, so I don't have a lot of experience dating. But in the past year I've been on 7 first dates. I'm a little shy (I use booze to relax me a little), and most of the time, my date times me at the end of the night how they had such a great time, even though I didn't really enjoy it (although, I'm making an effort to find someone to marry so I'm giving it my best). I'm starting to think that if I can get my date talking a lot (which I normally can do) it means that they're having a good time.

Do girls generally enjoy themselves if they're able to talk about themselves and have someone listen to them? (cuz if so, this is so easy for me to do)

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone is different. I've dated men that hardly talk which I find makes me a little more talkative because I don't like awkward silence. The guy I'm dating now talks a LOT. I mean I can hardly get a single word in. I recently told him this and he said he had no idea and so now I just touch his arm and look at him to kinda let him know that I'm sitting here listening but I slow it down lol. Maybe this type of person is what you are looking for since you like to listen. I love to listen rather than talk so It's a good match but it's not perfect.

I think when you find your match it will just naturally fit and you wouldn't be asking this question. And you will not walk away from the date thinking you didn't enjoy it.

What Girls Said 4

• Sure, but it's nice for the guy to be part of the conversation as well. That way I get to know him too, and it's not all about me the whole time. I would want to know if we have things in common, what he likes to do for hobbies, things like that. It would help me gauge whether or not I'd like to go out again with him.

I'm not dating anymore but if I was, that's how I would like it to go. Especially a first date.

• In general letting someone talk about themselves shows interest, just don't take it to far so she's doing all the talking, use the conversation to respond to what she's saying, an anecdote about a job can lead to you saying oh that reminds me of, she comes back, etc. if all you're getting is a monologue you won't have much fun

• No. I like have challenging conversations with the person. I like to have my mind stimulated and I don't like talking about myself unless if someone asked. I want the other party to stimulate my mind and keep me on my toes. If the man is just going to sit there and look at me while I speak, I might as well speak to a wall at home.

• Actually no, I get nervous then I start regurgitating words and then I feel like the most obnoxious creature on the planet, so I prefer him to do the talking. You just have to feel the date out I'd say, there's no real for,USA for this sort of thing

What Guys Said 0