He might have a girlfriend. What to do?

I met a guy at a party for my friend's friend, and we talked and exchanged numbers. Later that night, my friend said anther girl came up to her and told her that the guy was her boyfriend. I texted the guy to ask, and he denied it and said he was single. Today he texted me and asked if we could hang out next week, but I haven't responded, because I'm not sure what to believe, especially since I only just met this guy. Should I believe him? Or should I believe what this girl told my friend?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think you should hand out with the guy; it doesn't mean you have to be dating him or anything. if you know the girl you should talk to her too. ask her about it. get both sides. some girls can be manipulative so there could be a chance she's just crazy and she's lying or he's a jerk and he's lying. either way, though, hanging out doesn't hurt as long as you're still trying to see what's true.

What Guys Said 1

• Not get involved and find another guy, maybe?

What Girls Said 2

• I would hang out with him and go from there - you will find out soon enough if he has a girlfriend, there are certain red flags that will pop up. Plus the truth always come out sooner or later! Girls can be psycho when it comes to guys (I admit it!) so maybe this girl has a crush on him and is telling everyone he is her boyfriend. Do some investigative work on your own and ask around a bit.

• There isn't enough information to tell who is telling the truth. Hanging out with the guy won't hurt anything if he is or isn't single. Maybe in the process of hanging out with him, ask him nicely about what your friend told you. This is also where technology can come into play. Do some research on this guy and see if he has any evidence of a girlfriend. And it looks like you run in the same circles, even if through distant friends. Ask around about this guy. Hope this was helpful!