Is having a why me section on your dating profile good or bad?

Was googling a lot on how to make a good dating profile. One consistent complaint was that women are either generic and boring and only use adjectives that are vague. Another was that they brag and come off as entitled without showing what they have to offer.

One profile I saw consistently on advice sites was a girl who wrote why she would make a good girlfriend. What do you think, is this a good idea? Something like you should pick me because I am kind, not argumentative, loyal, etc.

Here is the link:

link

I thought some of the examples are too sexual for my taste considering the guy doesn't know me when he reads this. Also some make her seem like she may be a doormat

Most Helpful Guy

• "One consistent complaint was that women are either generic and boring and only use adjectives that are vague. Another was that they brag and come off as entitled without showing what they have to offer." You're absolutely right! One great way to test out your dating profile is ask yourself how you would reply to it. So many women's profiles feature so little real content that you wouldn't be able to write a message based on anything mentioned in the profile. As you say, too generic.

I think it's a very good approach to mention what you have to offer, in direct 'man-speak' as the article puts it. No mature guy is going to be offended by the fact that you have your own desires. In fact, it helps us to decide who our suitable matches might be. But what does offend guys is the sense of entitlement in not even considering what you have to offer, or worse still complaining about past guys. We've all had dating failures: we don't really need to hear about them!

I don't think the way some of the examples are worded is ideal. I think mentioning being 'affectionate' would be better. But I think the principle of showing what you have to offer is sound. It's a down-to-earth approach that really would make your profile a breath of fresh air. If a woman wrote that, it would make me think, "Wow. She really understands and values men".

What Guys Said 2

• doormat?

yes because a snarky independent feminist chick is hottttt lemme tell you (~.^)

men want a good woman that'll be enjoyable to be around... which is something lost on modern girrrrlszzz it seems

• Seems fine. Not nagging someone's head if is not being a doormat. The guy taking the nagging would be a doormat if he takes it.

• The doormat part to me was talking about sex stuff to fast

• You can leave that out.

What Girls Said 1

• This was interesting, I read through the article before reading the guys answers and at first I thought "Nope, no way in hell am I going to write something like that on my profile, not all guys will go for that" but after reading the 2 guys answers that posted at the time of writing this, maybe this dude is right.

Not many girls would write something like that on a dating profile, and for that reason, guys might find it really interesting and will want to find out more.