How long would you text someone who never responds before giving up?

There's a guy who has been texting me daily for a few months now. I decided in December (before Christmas) that I wasn't going to respond anymore because he was getting annoying. I told him I'd be busy over Christmas and wouldn't be able to talk, but he kept texting me every day anyway. I haven't said anything to him since then and he still texts me once or twice every day.

It's obvious that he's interested in dating me and keeps trying to set up dates even though I told him (almost upfront) that I don't date and I won't date until I leave community college. He doesn't respect my desire to stay single and I'm wondering if he'll ever stop sending me messages.

This can't be normal. What would be the normal point to give up on someone?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is normal. Some guys spend a year chasing after people who aren't interested in them, some guys spend 2 years chasing after people who aren't interested in them. It's only been about 4 weeks since December and not everybody moves fast - some people like the same person for ten or fifteen years.

What Guys Said 1

• Two texts the maximum after that that is it I give up they obviously read it and just didn't wan't to respond cause they don't like you.

What Girls Said 2

• I've had a guy up to 2 months come after me of trying. But every day he is texting you and your not responding to him? That is a excessive.

• Twice then stop