Should I even pursue?

I often do a lot of online dating on a number of sites with very little success. Something that has happened to me countless times over the years is that when I DO manage to get a back and forth going between me and a girl, anywhere from 2 to 12 correspondence later she seems to fall off the face of the earth. I send a reply one day and its never answered again. I've long since stopped sending follow ups, even weeks after the fact, as they almost always are never answered either. The whole conversation abruptly dies.

Now I'm willing to accept the fact I must have said something wrong or creepy to throw up a red flag, but for the life of me I couldn't think what it is. Most of the time we're just doing the initial get to know you questions and such, no huge bombshells or ultimatums or anything like that. After what has been I'm guessing is getting close to 60-70 girls now, I can't help but think as the only common factor here I must be doing something wrong. Am I simply not trying hard enough? Should I keep at a conversation even after the other party seems to have gone dark or am I wasting my time? Why does this keep happening?

What Girls Said 2

• Try meeting girls off the computer you can't fall for someone online

• Why don't you join a club or something and don't give up on yourself like that.

What Guys Said 0