Girls will admire a guy who tries, right?

Am I right in assuming that even if a girl has zero interest or perhaps even dislike the guy for whatever reason, but if a guy has the courage to express interest and just try and go for the girl and get a date, and brushing it off when if he crash and burn , the girl will still be impressed by that action, right?

Girls always respect a guy who tries, right?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not anymore. These days, people look at men who are trying as desperate and needy. For some screwed up reason, too many young people think it will "just happen" on itself. Bull shit. Men who actively search or aggressively approach women are creepy and weird, especially if he's not Mr. Right (tall-handsome-healthy-wealthy-white-rich-age specific, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc).

You have to choose your women carefully. Choose not by looks and wealth, but by someone who will appreciate you and not scream sexual harassment for your honest and courteous efforts. Just how it is these days.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, I do. I have a few guy friends and honestly it bugs me that I can sense that they like me but won't say a thing... mostly girls and women will be friendly and receptive to give a guy signals they like them... so it gets confusing and weird lol so YES I always give the credit!

• Blame your female companions. They are the ones who not only rejected men quite rudely, but sued them for sexual harassment just by asking them out. Harassment is something to be feared by men and the smart ones avoid women because frankly, the risks outweigh the rewards. Just how it is since the early 90s. Feminism demanded that men leave women alone. We're giving you all the space you can possibly want.

• Well that's in cases where the woman has made it CLEAR that she doesn't want the attention but the guy persists in spite of that. Women in general don't cry harassment unless they are being harassed, lol. If I say no and mean it and yet someone at work disrespects me, that's different.

• ehm well in general I'd say so. But you know, when people say the same gesture can be percieved very differently depending on how the other person feels bout you. Like in that how I met your mother episode.

If she's not into you, it's a fine line between being cute and being creepy

• Yeah but that fine line is whether , after you crash and burn, you show her that you weren't hurt at all or anything, a "big whoop at least I tried, your loss, plenty fishes out there, maybe you will change your mind later" attitude, rather than a guy who hold grunges and get sad and awkward but still creep on the girl after the rejection , right?

• I guess moving on is good for both sides. In general I think girls appreciate it when the guy is upfront about his intentions instead of feigning being a friend...

In general though, if the girl is indifferent to the guy liking her, she will be just as indifferent to his boldness, maybe a bit relieved to find that she doesn't need to put up with a clingy creep.

• I won't care if I don't like you.

• Exactly. There is almost nothing more impressive than a guy who keeps his head up after he gets rejected, and if you don't have the confidence afterward; fake it till you make it!

• Disagree. Nothing more impressive than a sharp dressed man with a brand new BMW. Women are impressed with tall, handsome, healthy, wealthy, age-specific, race-specific (usually non black), athletic and rich. Sure, there are some exceptions but not many

• Lol no. The man that has become wealthy with a nice car is the one who stands up when he gets knocked down. Connect the two. It's not difficult

• I do, can't speak for other girls. But I know if a guy keeps trying and tries to get my attention I will give him a shot and see what he is all about.

• Of course but generally no

What Guys Said 6

• Not really, many women disrespect men who try. A hot guy approaches? Great. A guy they don't fancy aporoaches? Ew, weird/creepy/lol as if he stands a chance. That's the mentality of a lot of women. But who cares

right? Their opinion doesn't matter and there will be another who'll like you.

If you're talking about persisting and trying to win her over after being rejected, no they don't respect those guys either. A few will encourage because it's easier for them to manipulate you that way - they can string you along. But for you, that will mostly lead to frustration and disappointment, so don't do it. She rejects you once - leave and find someone who doesn't reject you.

• some do .. but don't put al your cards on this.

• No. If you aren't what they want but try anyway you are a try hard, creepy loser. I know this from experience.

• Right. There is a big difference between creepy and interested

• Yes. Creepy is interested and highly unattractive. Interested is interested and doesn't turn your stomach to look at.

• Tough to say I mean sure a girl may look at the guy differently next time, but at the same time if she's not attracted to him she won't date him simple as that.

• No. They only like when the guys who have the money and looks try.

• It's true. The not-my-type guys creep the women out while the yes-types get admiration.

• girls tend to only like success.