I am dating some one twice my age

My boyfriend is 40 and I really like him and we have been together for 5 months and I want him to meet my family because that's a big part of my life but I am scared they will freak out.

Would you freak out if your child was dating some one twice your age?

my dad knows and he's dating some one my age so he dosnt say anything. its my mom I'm really worried about. me and my boyfriend have lots in common and we have lots of fun together.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was that guy a couple years ago. She, her new guy, her parents and I are still friends even though we're not dating any more. Don't freak out about the age, but DO make sure you understand why you're dating him, why he's dating you, and make sure your expectations and needs are being met. You're the young one so YOU should set the rules in the relationship.

• Downvote if you want, but she and I are both better off for having been together and we still like each other. And you should have seen how much fun SHE had pissing off the old prudes that thought it was unseemly for us to be together. :-)

What Guys Said 4

• It depends on the guy. There CAN be serious, deep seated issues if he is dating someone half his age. Or, maybe he just loves your youthful, fun loving spirit, and it makes him feel more alive. I cannot just say, it is good, or it is bad. It depends on him, and what his motivations are for wanting to date you.

• I'd kick the shit out of that guy if I was your father.

But that's just me, maybe your parents are more "understanding".

• ewwww gross

• Young men these days are pussies thanks to feminism. So it wouldn't surprise me at all that you're with an older man. It wouldn't bother me. My sister who's your age is dating someone twice her age and it doesn't bother me.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes I would freak out, unless he looks really young for his age. But maybe your family will react differently. So if you feel like introducing him to them then go on :)

• They will react poorly and I know it.. he's pretty gray for his age... and bald lol

• Yes. I'm not really into the dynamics of those kinds of relationships.

That being said, it's his/her life.

• I'm 18. my boyfriend is 51. I told my parents but I phrased it as a joke. and she got really mad about it even being a joke. so I doubt I'd tell them about him unless we got married.

• How did you meet some one with such an age gap? what do you guys have in common?

• met him in the city I go to school in. w don't have a lot in common. but we have a mutual attraction, respect, and love for each other.