Should a girl pay for the date if she asks a guy out?

If a girl initiates a date with a guy should she pay for it or should the guy pay for the date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, according to my father who ever initiates the date should pay but not everybody has the money like that to do it. I mean if she has the money and wants to, then that's cool but it's good to have your own money on you so you got you covered and she got hers covered. Plus if no one has a lot money, don't go no where expensive. I think it best for the two people to communicate before on where you their are going on the date and plan from there so it won't be awkward. Lol

What Girls Said 11

• depends on the girl I think. If she is one of those independent/a girl can do every thing a guy can do girls, then maybe she would want to pay. BUT she could really have just wanted you to ask her but didn't think you would. Maybe go on the date, expecting that you will pay, and if she is the independent type, then she will not let you pay, and pay herself.

• Having lived both in the YS and abroad where the feminist lakes were passed and mist European voyntries believe in equal rights and going Dutch...the man should always pay not only to be respectful and chivilous but the point is you want to go to bed with jet eventually right. Why should a woman even consider getting naked with you and having you pounce on her and dump your load off in her and you are too cheap to buy her meal. Go to hell for any man who thinks differently. One in Germany I was home food in frig and comfy and a guy called me out for dinner at a Greek restaurant. While looking at menus later he ordered appetisets and wine. Knowing there they have a new culture of going Dutch I told him before anything came to the table that I'm American and voykd have eaten at home so because he invited me I expected him to pay. He was stunned but he paid. Nothing in life is free and if you think it is you are mistaken. But I fault women who sell themselves short they need to understand that we have what men want. Period. Don't give it away for a stick of bubble gum. Now, a business meal or the guy comes up short sure you can pay. But if he tries some crazy stunt after eating his full and wants yo staff you with the bill you have Jim politely step away from the table and make arrangements with the manager but you grab your purse and wait for Jim at the door. I've never been in such a horrible situation but ladies need to know now to get out of a crappy mess. If the man was so irresponsible to not to confirm he had enough money before the date this should be a good indicator that he will always be irresponsible and will try to get over. Again, accidents do happen but they aren't the norm. Men be men and take responsibility and ladies allow men to be men and treat you with respect. Sorry I meant to be brief but I see and hear women today doing too much for men which has crippled them and they use women. I think many have a goal to see how many have women they can bed for less. Sad.

• Initiator should bring enough money to cover AT LEAST half of the bill.

Person being asked should bring enough money to cover half of the bill.

The proper (& fair) thing to do is to be prepared to pay for the date if you're the one that initiates it. After all, it's unfair for me to take you out someplace more expensive than you would normally go to, then expect you to fork over extra cash just because you're with me.

• No cause I feel like it's too much role reversal. I mean, she's the man and you're the woman then... weird. Would you want her to ask you AND pay? If that's the case, you're gonna have a lot of manly women around.

• i think everyone should pay for themselves. but if one person must pay then yes. whoever asks out should pay. her being a her, is immaterial.

• Of course if she asks the guy she should pay

• She should pay the bill. Or she should pay it 50% and you 50% or you should pay yours and she hers, but you should definitely NOT pay the whole bill.

• If you are a gentleman then you can offer to pay, but she did initiate the date so maybe she will offer to pay

• Yes, she should pay. When I ask a guy out I have every intentions of fronting the bill. The guy usually tries to pay just to be a gentlemen but I let him know its my treat because I'm the one who asked him on a date.

• 50,50 you don't want to be a kept man. I def wouldn't pay hers though. She invited you.

• If I asked a guy out, I'd want to pay.

What Guys Said 5

• I am old fashioned so I believe the guy should pay for every date unless the place is ungodly expensive then I will insist the women chip in.

• both parties should always be expected to pay their own way. It says allot about a woman who won't or dislikes paying her half of the bill.

• It really should only be that what you had for dinner is what you will pay for, yourself. What she had for dinner is what she should pay for herself.

• If she didn't at least offer to pay at least her half, that would be a negative in my mind. Would that in itself be a deal-breaker? Probably not.

• I always think the best way is to just split it. Just because a person asked some out shouldn't make them responsible for the whole bill. And the person who got asked out should be grateful that the other person asked them out and offer to pay half.