I just came back from a date. He was horrible to me. Now I feel like giving up on finding someone.

I have been talking to a guy for over a week. We have spent hours on the phone...sent pics...not nudes. But when I met him he wanted to have sex immediately. Then when I wouldnt...he said I was a turn off and I started crying. I had to leave. This was the final straw...I am giving up on dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• The two anonymous ones said it pretty well; move on, and move on.

Sometimes we guys get too direct when we get old and lonely. Or we just get inconsiderate. Or we think with the little head instead of the big one. For many of us it seems our Creator played a cruel joke on us guys, giving us two heads with which to think, but only enough blood to run one of them at a time.

Talking a week isn't long enough to get to know much, especially if that isn't in person. So much communication is done non-verbally, and when one is talking on the phone or on line, even with pictures exchanged, that non-verbal component is missing.

Try to remember that we are not all horny mutts. There are those of us who actually value what is between the ears and shining from the eyes. If you give up on dating and/or on men in general, you might miss one or a few or more who want to know you as a person, a human, and a potential friend. Ultimately, friendship will last when everything else fades.

As for the guy you mentioned; he's probably not worth any further thought. Move on. Men are like buses. If you miss one, another is coming around the corner in a short while, and will probably be more comfortable to be with than the one you missed. Keep your values. The right man will honor and respect that. If he doesn't, just check out the next one.

Best of success in life, living, and loving

What Guys Said 2

• why I get upset over a guy, that you only known for a week. He is not worth your time. Don't give up. Another mans meat, is another poison.

• Nah, you don't want to give up on dating just because one guy acted like a jerk. File that idiot under the "good riddance" category and keep fighting the good fight. The right guy is out there; you just haven't met him yet.

What Girls Said 5

• Move on...he's an ass. Don't cry for someone who is already not thinking of you.

• Don't give up, all that guy wanted was sex, That's it, he's just an asshole.

• Oh honey I am so sorry about that jerk! But that's the thing about dating: you never truly know what a person is going to be like until you meet them in person. That's why I don't really believe in online relationships. There are good dates, fun dates, awful dates, horrible dates, awkward dates, or just plain okay dates.

Don't give up! I just got back from a date as well, and it was much better than I ever would've thought. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. It's important to remember that.

• LOL yep it is bad

Move on to the next person I guess.

• I'm sorry you had a bad experience. But to be fair, you only talked to him for a little over a week. 7 days is not enough time to get to know someone.