How do you know you're ready to date?

When I was younger I had a poor perception of relationships. I used them to make me feel safe. I relied on my boyfriend and I had a fear of abandonment. I'm assuming my fear of abandonment is due to my adoption and rejection as a child. I'm passed that now. I'm quite independent. But I am not sure of I am ready to date. How can I know that I am capable of a healthy relationship? I am worried about not being ready and I think it deters from me from dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need to be in a hurry. The longer you stay single, the more you will be confident you are over fear of abandonment. Don't rush into anything just because you don't want to be alone.

Wait unntil you have discussed these issues with someone and they are not put off by your history.

• I'm afraid I'll like being single too much and never want to actually have a boyfriend.

• Fear not, while you might go through a time like that, when you meet someone really good, you will not be hindered!

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think you can be. Some of it you just have to recognize and deal with when it happens.

• when you desire and want the opposite gender than you'll know, guys are different I always wanted a girlfriend, I was always "ready"

What Girls Said 0