Would you date a widow/widower?

Would you date a widow/widower? Question is too short.

• Yes.
  • Only if he/she was childless.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• My immediate answer is no. I would hate to be someone's second option because their tlreal true love died. Come to think of it, guys that were in love with their exes to the point that they don't love me the way they did them. No. No. No. It's too painful and I want someone who has the capacity to love me and is not hung up on dead wife, or exgirfriend. If a guy wants anything to do with me, if he truly loves me, he'll stay quiet of former loves if he ever had any and allow me to assume that I am his special woman. Sounds childish and horrid but at this point in my life I'm sick and tired of always being number two or the rebound. You can't compete with a dead woman and dead wives are idealized and god forbid he has kids and it makes everything even more complicated.

What Girls Said 10

• It would have to be several years after his wife has died and he shouldn't have any children.

• Yes.

• only if childless

• sure I don't mind

• Yes, his lost his wife and suffered a tragedy. That does not make him bad boyfriend/marriage material.

• Yes :D

• Yes but not too soon after he lost his wife...

• Yes

• Yes

• I don't know, I'm dating someone divorced and I have to say this is hard enough

What Guys Said 2

• Sure, why not?

• I don't know wouldn't make any difference to me , just want to make sure some time had past for her to heal and move on first though