Interracial dating complications?

Do women spend a lot of time thinking about race when dating men of a different race? I've grown up in a very diverse upbringing, but I tend to not spend much time on the thought. Though some have told me it adds complications.

Most Helpful Girl

• In terms of interracial dating, white and black men are generally more open to interracial dating than white women. But certain races of women are open to interracial dating with white men, because it's a status thing.

Likewise, white men are open to dating 2 groups of women.

I think certain groups of women pay more attention to race, because again, it's a status thing. And they see citizenship & $$$.

I'm in an interracial relationship but I totally get that not everyone will approve of it. That's cool by me. It just depends on your environment, friends and family.

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah same here, I grew up in a very multi-cultural environment and haven't really considered one's ethnicity to be part of my selection process. On the other hand, I can see how one individual identity is establish based on their cultural/society which may lead complicated relationships. For instance, one could be an asian-"American" , embodying a breed of values/belief system, date a Asian who was raised in that oriental country. There will be a conflict of ideals in ways to resolve conflict within the relationship. Different gender role expectations.

• Yes, I'm white Slavic woman dating Tamil South Indian man I asked him out. He is gorgeous and laidback, very attention and kind. I am direct bold and feisty. I need to put myself in his shoes a lot. We need to communicate clearly and give time to making sure we really understand each other and meet each other in the middle. He doesn't mind I'm 12 years older. He loves strong bold women so that really helps.

• No way its 2014- I date all races, and NOT one person has ever given me the side eye. We like who we like and who we connect with. If you are comfortable in your own skin then there will be nothing to think twice about. I live in DC I see all combos- black white, white asain, all variations of Spanish. Gay men doing the same thing...I will say I get happy to see a black woman with a white guy...why? because they've opened their minds and hearts to make themselves happy- that's all its about-!

• well I was born in a place where 97% are white. And there, I guess people feel the right thing is to date people of your own background. but then I moved to canada, and I don't feel it's wrong to date someone of a different race. though at the same time, I'm afraid my parents won't be so accepting of that

• I am very accepting of diversity. I know of other female friends and aquaintances who are as well. I go for looks and personality. I grew up an invisible minority, Slavic mix of Ukrainian Russian German Norwegian. I find all kinds of men attractive. I'm flexible and openminded. I pick my date according to me, not my parents or society.

• Personally I don't and I don't feel uncomfortable out in public with them or anything..but I have had situations where the parents did not like the fact their son was dating a black girl . some people will let others esp. Family make things harder for them.

• I wish everyone was open about interracial dating people are people. You can miss out on your soulmate by thinking you have to stick with your own race. It's a beautiful thing to be free and open with culture and race I love it.

• Not at all

Race isn't a factor for me

• It can I suppose..not everyone is as accepting as the two in the relationship..but, I guess it wouldn't matter..but then on the other hand if its a person such as your family..meaning parents or whomever raises you or you hold their opinion in high regard then it could stress you out I assume.

What Guys Said 1

• Just like you, it depends on the specific girl's experiences and attitudes towards this topic. Not all are the same on this topic, just as you aren't the same with it as other guys are.