Do you ever feel like you screwed up and they don't like you if the person you are texting doesn't respond?

Do you ever get the feeling a girl doesn't like you because they don't respond right away? Or go about a day without talking to you?

There is this girl I've been talking to a lot recently, we text pretty much everyday, and she will start a lot of the conversations. She is out of town for the semester currently. Occasionally she will go a couple hours without responding or just not talk to me for a day. I always think that I did something wrong and that she doesn't like me or doesn't want to talk to me.

I know I can't talk to her all day every day, and I honestly don't want to because it's not healthy. I don't know why I worry so much, and I wish I wouldn't. I get really stressed out if she doesn't respond. I think a lot of it comes from me having confidence issues. I know she is busy and has other stuff going on and I feel really bad about myself for feeling like I screwed it up. But she always sends me a text if I wait long enough. I don't like send her stuff constantly because I don't want to smother her and seem desperate. But do any of you ever get this feeling from the person you're talking to?

Important note, I am not necessarily shy, I just am afraid of putting myself out there and getting rejected

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it happens with me for guys I text. Sometimes it's cause my phone sucks and they don't even get my message but it's hard to know and then I don't want to send it again just in case they did get it and they are just busy haha. Usually if I get the message and reply really late I say sorry but no one else seems to do that.

What Girls Said 2

• How long have you known her? How did you meet? You say you have confidence issues...have you experienced feeling like this before?

• We've known each other for a long time. But we didn't start talking till last semester when we were in all the same classes. We hung out a lot last semester. And yea I have, mainly because literally every time I have finally made a move on a girl or showed that I liked them, I have been rejected.

• Yeah I get this too, I've realized I get worked up about it because I like him so much and I'm worried that him not responding means he doesn't like me. I'm confused by it too, I guess some people are bad at txting or in your case sounds like the girl is trying to play it cool and not seem clingy

• Yea, I don't like that I feel this way, because I know there is nothing to worry about. But I just can't help it, and I feel instantly better when she texts me and I don't know why I worried.

What Guys Said 2

• certainly does sound like you have issues. have to calm down and get a grip. friends don't always talk to each other everyday, there's nothing wrong with that

• "Do you ever feel like you screwed up and they don't like you if the person you are texting doesn't respond?"

No, because texts do not require an immediate response.