Men, would you seriously date a single mom?

Not a fling but a long term relationship.

What are the pros v. cons of dating a single mom?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dated one before. The biggest con is that you usually won't meet the kids till much later. So you spend all this time meeting and getting to know someone without knowing how you'll get along with her kids...which is a critical part of it all.

The most important thing I think with dating one is that you need to find out and understand how she treats her kids...how she disciplines and encourages them. Get her to talk about them as much as possible so you know what she thinks of them and what they might be like. That's the best advice I can think of anyway.

What Girls Said 1

• HMMM how many babies does she have?I am a single mother so I will tell you what is up? DO not date this mom if your just wanting to have fun it affects the kids. If the kids are older like 7 8 9 etcthen get ready to have some issues like the gentlemen below said they will try to ruin it. You may not get much alone time and realize your not just dating the mom but the kids too.

What Guys Said 4

• If you're having an LTR with a single mom, you have to figure out, pronto, how you feel about the kid, and how you feel about parenting with her, as well as how you feel about her, all at once.

If I woke up one morning ready for love AND fatherhood, I would think about it, if I liked the kid.

• Yeah, and what about the fact that since it's not actually your son/daughter most women would have an issue if you disciplined their kid.....regardless of the fact of whether you were right in doing so, and it made no difference how long you've been a part of their lives and supported them?

• Http://www.girlsaskguys.com/Relationships-Questions/94594-women-if-you-were-to-ever-be-a-single-mom-or-are.html

• Sounds like a parenting issue to be worked out. Some moms will back you, some won't.

• I never dated one but when dudes dated my mom I always tried to screw it up lol. So there's a con right there for you if the kid is like I was

• i don't think I could. I'm not ready to father any kids yet. and so single mothers have been a huge turn off to me. and I really don't know if I could take care of someone else's kids and treat them as my own...

• I've dated one before.