Would you date a guy with no friends?

Guys, I guess you could answer the gender swapped version of this question.

• Yes
  • No
Let me put my question to you a different way...

link

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't automatically rule someone out for their friends or lack there of. But there's usually a reason why people don't have friends. I need someone that can be social my current boyfriend hates groups has friends but isn't the most open person. But he became friends with my friends and if he couldn't I couldn't be with him.

• That's kinda a dumb reason why you can't be with your boyfriend if he couldn't be friends with your friends. My ex girlfriend was friends with her ex and there was no way I was going to be friends with him.

• Not all of them. But they're important in my life

What Girls Said 13

• You never know the circumstances. Of course it could send red flags if a guy doesn't have friends, but that's why you should get to know the person and see why. It's so hard to relate to people, me, myself I have a ton of friends guys and girls, but I only relate to like 2 out of like 1000 lmao! So it could be the same situation where he knows people but doesn't consider them friends or he could not just have friends because he doesn't relate to anyone and he feels "Mine as well be alone than be around someone who isn't a friend" Or it could be hard for him to make friends, cause of his shyness, etc. Then there is a danger one, lol! Like maybe he doesn't have friends, cause he's a psycho lunatic, that makes people run away from him, or he could be a dick, lmao! But see there are so many scenarios, and circumstances, that you can't judge someone just based on that and that is why people should try and get to know people more and not judge by what people hear! :) But yes, I would definitely date someone that didn't have friends :)

• The fact that he has no friends in not a turn off. I personally chose not to consider people friends until (insert blah blahs here) but I do have lots of people that I hang out with and a few people that I am very close to. And being an introverted person, I don't have the desire to be around people 24/7, no after how close I am to them.

However, if the fact that he has no friends means he relies solely on me to fulfill his social interaction quota, that's where I draw the line. I dislike clinginess and after a certain amount of time, no matter how much you love someone, said person can really start annoying you.

SO, I voted B because I think that there's an entire personality to consider but in the end, if a guy has no friends or close people I would probably second guess dating him.

• Yes I would. I think it is healthy for that person to have maybe one or 2 friends, so he can have his own interests like sport and all, but it wouldn't bother me that much.

My last boyfriend couldn't make friends with guys at all, only girls. He said he was socially insecure and never felt he fit in. I accepted it and was fine with it. I liked him for who he was. I am very sociable and had a lot of friends, but over time due to his stubbornness, I lost a lot of my friends and he wanted me to spend all my time with him. Then after a few months my boyfriend started calling ME a loser because I didn't have any friends. and said I should go and get some. Bit ironic really, considering he had none. In the end I broke up with him because he was so deceiving and nasty. I just could never please him.

But yes I would date someone who didn't have any friends.

• I wouldn't rule him out for having no friends. I would rule him out if he was needy and his whole life became centered around me due to him having no friends. I don't want to be the only thing in a guy's life. It's too much pressure.

• I don't think so.

My boyfriend almost never see his friends because they live two hours away but he play online games with them.

If the guy has no friends, it might be because he's not social at all. I would not want to be his all world and have him around all the time. I have my friends, my boyfriend gets along very well with them but I also need to have along time without him times to times.

The boyfriend of a friend has no friends and he's really jealous, always on her back. I'd be worried that might happen.

When you're in a relationship, it's good to have friends to see other people.

• I would not want to be his all world and have him around all the time. That makes me sad but your boyfriend should still be top priority over your bffs too.

• I just won't stop seeing my friends for my boyfriend that's all. I need both

• No.

• Of course. I'm dating the guy for him..not for his friends.

• I am sure he would have his reasons so yes I would.

• It takes a damn strong person to want no friends, a damn strong person so to me I would find that very admirable. If he had no friends because he was a vile person then no of course not.

• probably not, they'd be too needy and dependent upon me

• Sure I don't see any harm in that.

• I don't see why not. Some people just can't trust people or even have the social skills to be able to interact.

• I would have no problem.

• Yes I would I see no problem with that.

What Guys Said 7

• i am something like that honestly. but I am not clingy. I give people space. I give myself space. I give time to enjoy me.

on the other hand I tried someone like that who wanted me 24/7 and she had nothing to talk about which became annoying. in fact annoying enough that I decided to change my phone number

• I would date a girl with no friends, it wouldn't matter to me. I know what it is like to have shitty friends and I know what it is like to have no friends. but I have met a few people in my life I connected with, but I rarely see them

• If I'm dating someone I want them to have a fulfilled social life. Someone with no friends has trouble adjusting to other people.

• Absolutely not.

• sure why not.

i'll be that special someone to fill in her void.

• Maybe the fact that she has no friends might be indicative of some personality issue, but if I'm really interested in her, I'll still date her just to get to know her better.

• I would absolutely date a girl with no friends - but I'm guessing girls wouldn't (but seeing as how I'm already painting them in a negative light I assume many will come here and state, probably incorrectly, that they would absolutely date a guy with no friends)

• That's bull. I don't mind dating a guy with no friends. Of course other things must be taken into account.

• Oh yeah, it's me that's arguing. You are constantly proving my point; and keep ranting, but I can't be bothered answering you anymore; because just like girls with no friends you aren't worth it

• Hahaha sorry that just really amused me