Do you think online dating helps?

What would you do if you have not dated in a long time and you find it very difficult to meet new guys/girls.Would you then start dating online?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I have trouble dating outside of online. I can't find anyone in my area that is in a good enough situation to date, or network being I moved here a while back. The nice part of online dating is already knowing for sure the person's single. The trouble's involving the people who lie online, but people lie in normal day to day life too.

I've met numerous people from a variety of sites and honestly, I'd say go with free ones unless you're aiming for a special interest dating site like a religious one. I have tried match and not only did I see the same profiles, but I had less dates because it gives you unpaid accounts to message and they'd have to pay to respond.

From what girls have told me on dating sites, many guys just try to use them to hook up anonymously. So many guys are trying to "date" with the intention of sex only and no actual relationship. Plus, the guys signing up far outnumber the girls so if the girl looks somewhat decent, she's got an inbox of like 50 guys wanting to date her. I blame this highly for the amount of girls growing up with a very self-entitled attitude towards dating.

A huge problem both guys and girls face is people using misleading photos. This has happened to me a few times. Girls mislead guys on their weight, using outdated photos when they were thinner, or by taking face-only photos and nothing more. Then they meet up and it's a huge girl. Guys lie about their height constantly and will put over 6ft and when they meet up it's a short guy. Guys also lie about their age as well if they're an old creeper, but girls seem to notice this right away in their photos, or even find out by things like noticing their year of graduation or some other inaccuracy.

If you do date online, meet ASAP. Don't email on the site too long. You just get a misinterpeted version of the person through emails. Talk to them on the phone, meet up, and go. You cannot "get to know them better" through emails. It just doesn't work and you end up building up an inaccurate version of the kind of person you think they are. Many people online are socially phobic. So they can write a good email or text, but when you meet up it could very well be silent and awkward, especially with newer generations.

• Thank you for your comment.It is very helpful.I don't know much about online dating.I will keep your advice in mind.

What Guys Said 8

• Wow, I'm just surprised you haven't met someone. I mean with your fair skin and educated eyes I would expect to see a big ring on your hands.

That being said, online dating has it's pros and cons. For people who say it's dangerous though, I hope they know that sexual assault takes place in the real world as well (and really all you have to do when you do meet is make it very public, it's not that complicated). In our world where it's hard to strike up a conversation for the fear of being judged after the fact it can be much more comfortable to get some basic information about people first so you know what you're going after.

I mean, think about it this way. Can it hurt? Can meeting people in very public places after you met them online in any way cause you more harm than potential good? In a world with billions of people there have to be many individuals that would be highly compatible with you there's probably someone trying online dating who you could fall in love with.

• First of all,thank you for your comment.It is very nice of you.:)

Secondly,I do agree with you.I am not that bad,I suppose,so maybe there are many people like me looking for someone online.

• well said.cant agree more.

If online.dating doeant work,at least I gave it a shot.Besides,there are happy couples that met each other online.My mother's friend's daughter got married the other day,and she met her husband online!

• Yeah, it would have been a crime for someone to get in the way of her over their own personal opinions.

• I do find it difficult to meet people, I would never turn to online dating though... I personally think that there is a lot of risk involved, in many senses of the word. I'd rather try and meet someone a traditional way. I feel that anyone who says they met online are often judged, I know that even my own family would be skeptical about it.

• the problem with online dating for Guys is that most guys feel that the women have too much power. due to the fact that they get the final call on if they like you or not.

• I would try online dating. Yes it gives you more opportunities to meet people. I'm a little apprehensive though partly because of how much attention girls get online and I don't think they are going to have much of an idea about me based on some words. It's not perfect but it is an opportunity. And I'm surprised guys aren't asking you out. You're probably just not meeting a lot of people.

• thank you for your comment.

I have a very small circle indeed,so I'm trying to meet more peopl

• i am doing fine rn due too I'm still in school and I see girls all the time. So I would say no online dating doesn't help

• I'm still in school and I see guys all the time too.But it seems that nobldy is interested in me.

• I've tried online dating. And honestly, its terrible. For me at least it was. Its just a numbers game. Send out 50 redundant inboxes, hopefully you get at least 1. Waste of time.

• no.

the girls never turn my way. even when I message them, they just ignore.

they're all just stupid mutts.

• Online dating sucks.

• oh,really?

so,what would you do if you can't get any date in the real world?

• I don't talk to men much,either.but I am very outgoing

• I have never been an outgoing person. Plus, I don't have much in common with women.

What Girls Said 4

• I have and met really nice guys on there, as well as not so nice guys. Just like meeting people in person

• it depends my best friend is Engaged and pregnant with a guy she met about 2 years online and they're perfect for each other where as the guy I fell for online broke my heart and walked out of my life...in my opinion how you meet someone doesn't change the outcome of a relationship

• No it doesn't

• I wouldn't do online dating, speaking from experience.

But I do suggest you get youreslf out there and meet new people, not just guys, but people. Try meetup.com. Join some acitivites that interest you. That's honestly a much better way of meeting someone then through online dating. Most people on meetup are single and looking to have fun and meet more people. You have better chances of meeting a nice guy, some great people, as well as have fun!

• Thank you for your comment.

My parents are worried about me not seeing anyone for such a long time and they didn't think online dating could get me a serious relationship.However,some of their friends' children got married with their online date.

I do think my problem is that I didn't have many opportunies to meet new people.

So thanks for the website you recommended,:)