How do I tell my parents I met a guy online?

So I've been talking to this guy for almost 6 months now, I really like him and have strong feelings for him. The thing is we met online and haven't actually met yet. Though were planning on meeting in my dad's summer house this summer. I haven't told my patents yet, any ideas how I should go about it? He is Norwegian and I am Swedish so we live in different countries but it's only 4 hours apart..I really don't know how to tell my mom because we are not very close and we don't talk about stuff like that..

I will be 18 then, he will be 21, I have Skyped him countless times so yes I know he is who he says he is, even talked to his family. I know I shouldn't meet him alone and I won't, I know all the neighbors around and planning on my dad being there when he comes so please don't preach about him being a 70 year old pervert..

Most Helpful Girl

• I met my fiance online when I was 15 and he was 18 and at first when I told my mother about him she was drawn back by it because she knows that some people online can be lying about who they are. But once I showed her a picture of him and let her talk to him on the phone herself, she warmed up to it.

About a year and some months later, we finally met each other(because we were young and still in school and lived 1,200 miles apart) and I met his entire family, and he met mine. And our families love each other and they truly believe that him and I were meant to be, and were at the right place at the right time.

Just like you I've Skyped numerous times and had my mother say hi to him on Skype so that she felt more comfortable about who he was. It' all about saying "So I met this guy..." and then go from there. Now for my, my did isn't in my life, so it was easy to talk to my mom because she is a woman and can see eye to eye about the whole liking a new guy, as to where a dad will be protective over his daughter and probably just disregard the situation entirely. So I'd suggest you talk to your mom about it first before your dad. IF you have that great relationship with her. But if you have that relationship with your dad, then just go for it.

What Guys Said 1

• Ooh! I think someone's parents will be disappointed that a Swede and a Norwegian are getting together: it's almost as bad as liking a Finn! Talk about Jungle Fever: Scandinavian Style!

What Girls Said 1

• All I can say is just sit them down and be completely honest with them, and be prepared to answer any questions, and don't get offended at skepticism or worry. I made the mistake of tiptoeing around my parents until about a month before my SO and I wanted to meet, and it all went downhill from there. Though I rarely talked to my mother about boys/men/relationships, it still hurt her greatly that I deliberately avoided talking to her about him., and put a bad taste in her mouth regarding him for the rest of the duration of the relationship since she thought I had a reason to be "hiding" him from her.

I'm very happy to hear that you're going to safely meet this man you've been talking to, and that you've talked with his family. It sounds as if you're off to a good start, and are very lucky to be meeting him so soon in person!