OkCupid question:what's worst on a first date: no attraction or nothing to talk about?

OkCupid question:what's worst on a first date: no attraction or nothing to talk about? and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say nothing to talk about. Even if there is no spark of attraction, interesting conversation could at least make the night enjoyable.

What Guys Said 4

• I guess nothing to talk about because then I would want to leave. If I'm not attracted to the person nothing romantic will happen but it could still be a nice night.

• Well, what is the difference? You're not going to find any attraction if you can't communicate,right? so it amounts to the same thing.

• No attraction. I really can't see it going anywhere if there's no attraction. I'm willing to overlook a woman who is shy on the first date. If on the other hand she proved that the reason she has little to say is because she's dull, well, that would come out in subsequent dates, I suppose. Eventually that would be a deal breaker, too.

• Lack of attraction is worse. If I'm attracted to a girl I will have the inner fuel to try to break her out of her shell! :-D

• I'm pretty skilled at starting conversation so I would rely on my skills! 8-)

What Girls Said 7

• I really agree with cavmanier (lovely picture by the way hahaha).

It could still turn out to be a nice time if there's good conversation going. Its actually a pet peeve of mine when I have to continuously initiate any and all conversation and I get short, conversation ending, responses... leading to weird silent moments. Perhaps they are shy, but I personally feel after a little while like I'm being annoying and/or like they don't really care to be there so I lose interest quickly. Obviously its not so black and white, like in person you could tell more so by body language and things like that. So generally speaking I lose interest quickly in these situations.

I'd bluntly let them know I have to go, I wouldn't sit there and look around or just look at each other haha.

• Nothing to talk about because no matter how hot he is, it will be a boring date.

• Nothing to talk about. Even if there is no attraction, you could potentially grow to like each other through the conversations you have. And if there is attraction, then you won't deepen your relationship since you can't talk to each other. So you just become sex buddies.

• Nothing to talk to about. So you're sitting there trying to think of things to talk about. It can be pretty awkward.O_o

• Nothing to talk about. If there's no attraction it's always a possibility to have a new friend. Nothing to talk about is pure awkwardness

• No attraction. You can always find something to talk about. The weather as a last resort but there is no save for a lack of attraction.

• you could become friends with them if there's no attraction, it can still be a good date.

• No attraction. It just takes away your desire to try.