Dating someome that's "lower" than you financially?

So I met this guy and we've been talking for a month. I really like him bit I know my family might feel some way. I'm not rich at all but, but me and they guy are different. I'm in college right now, my mom is a teacher, she owns a house, not bragging just trying to compare me and the boy. The boy is not in college but working, lives with his aunt and her kids. I know he doesn't ave much and he's been through some hard times. I just hate that I have a judgmental family. Were both young I'm 19 and he's 21, so we have time and I'll be willing to help him if anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• If that's enough for you to consider not dating him, and you care that much about what other people think of you dating someone who isn't as rich as you, then maybe he deserves a better girlfriend.

• What are you talking about... Reread my response dickhead.. I'm not judging him and I do want to be with him, and yeah it is stressful when my parents will judge.

• After reading your question again it seems I got the wrong idea, sorry about that. Let them judge, what they think doesn't matter.

What Guys Said 3

• go for it, if your family gives you grief tell them "Im looking for a man with great character and HIGH upside" Most men in their 20s don't have much cash. Your mother and father will both get it, and you won't have to defend your position because its a prudent one.

• Unless he can't pay his bills, money really shouldn't matter.

• Money and class status has nothing to do with love and its no ones business who YOU love/want

What Girls Said 2

• Is it more important to please your parents or be happy?

• If it doesn't matter to you, then go for it. If he really makes you happy and you really care about him, then your family should just accept it. Will they? Hopefully! I wouldn't bring up that he has had a tough life to your family so soon, though. Give your family a chance to begin to like him and accept him for his personality and character first so that when they do find out about his past, they won't automatically brush him off as not good enough for you.