How do I have this conversation with him?

Sometimes my boyfriend says he gets so busy that he can't even send me a single text or call me quickly. I don't even know if anyone can get THAT busy, but I'm trying to stay open-minded here. I REALLY do NOT want to sound clingy when I talk to him about this either. I just would like to know he still exists sometimes lol. How do I have this conversation with him, in the nicest and least clingyest way possible?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he's already explained that he gets really busy. I would guess he already knows you want him to contact him more as well. You could remind him again how you don't like that and maybe he'll want to make an extra effort to text you more. He may just want to be right and even if he could text you more he may not want to to spite you if you know what I mean. I mean he wants to have that control rather than you telling him what to do. I would do it in a way to let him know how it makes you feel and for him to feel like he's making the choice to be nice to you by texting. Even if he's really busy I doubt he has literally no time to text you (is he Obama or something?) so I don't think what you ask is unreasonable. Who knows why he doesn't text.

What Guys Said 4

• No offense, but you sound ridiculously needy. Give the guy the space, and the truth shall come to light. My cynicism and misanthropy is paramount to the concept that the truth shall reveal itself. That being said, you can be the needy, clingy, and obnoxious woman to spy on him for the truth... You could be the reserved and understanding type, that would give him space, and realize that what he says is true, and he is in fact busy with important things... Or everything can go haywire, and he is cheating on you, the whole time, and was hiding it. Who knows...

My ideology is that you would only know, if you are patient enough to wait and see, or are impatient enough to spy on him. Your decision.

My best advice is to hang back, and observe his actions, his words, and the context of both combined.

Sorry for the cynical view, but it is, as...

• Lol. Yes people can get busy. You're clingy. The least clingy way to do this I guess would be to tell him your perspective. Tell him what your daily schedule looks like, and hopefully he will reciprocate.

Btw, this idea that just because cellphones exist, we should be willing to drop everything we're working on throughout the day and be immediately accessible to anyone anytime is a modern sickness. Used to be that you'd wait until the end of the work day to talk to your husband. What's really sad is that there are a generation of mealy mouth children that don't know how to be alone. That'd be you. 90's children.

• I'd tell him 'Get yur priorities straight! I'm more important than any business e mail!'

• Stop being so clingy.

Get hobbies, goals, and have a life too.

What Girls Said 2

• Just let them know how you feel that your feeling like work is becoming a barrier between you both and you don't want things to fall apart between you both, if he still doesn't answer then whatever... you deserve so much more than that, nobody should be ignored because of work.

If he still continues to ignore you then just tell him you both need to take time out of the relationship and that he needs to understand there are more important things than work and money.

• I know what mean. I've been talking to someone who claims he's "busy" too. Part of me wants to believe him, then another part of me is like how busy are you? A text takes not even a minute to send.

Anyways I casually brought it up by telling him that I liked talking to him, and I didn't want to annoy him with texting him. And all he said was he's either busy or tired that's why he doesn't reply sometimes. I can't completely be annoyed with him cause he works 12 hours a day sometimes even kon the weekends. But sometimes all I want is a convo lol not much to ask for, not like I'm asking for a week in Hawaii.

• Hope I helped somewhat. Just bring it up casually. I know how you feel -_- I never know if I'm being clingy or not when talking to him.

It's hard not to feel clingy when you really like someone cause you value that person's attention.